The Best of Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

So yet another Fashion Week has come to end; dozens of designers have paraded their looks of their Fall 2014 collections down the runway, making many of us long for these looks to appear in our own closets. Here are five trends for fall and ways to incorporate them in your wardrobe so you can make the Hilltop your own runway.

1. Royal Blue

(Oscar De La Renta; Reed Krakoff)

This deep blue flatters most skin tones and adds a pop that will elevate many outfits. Try this dress from Forever 21 (Classic Fit & Flare Dress, $19.80) to try your own hand at the trend.

2. Asymmetrical Hems

(BCBG MAXAZRIA; Richard Chai)

This is not the same hi-low hemline that was so popular last year. This Fashion Week, designers display a new interpretation that focuses primarily. on varying lengths. Embrace this trend with this shirt from Bluefly: Hayden Black Stretch Knit Handkerchief Hem Top ($47.20).

3. Menswear

(Jason Wu; Charlotte Ronson)

Every since appearing on the runway a few seasons ago, the fashion world can’t seem to shake the menswear trend. Embrace it this fall with sleek separates that will instantly add a touch of sophistication to your look. Try this blazer from Loft (Refined Loft Scuba Blazer, $118).

4. Capes

(Public School; Tracy Reese)

Capes aren’t reserved just for Little Red Riding Hood anymore. Take a cue from the runway and update your outfit with this chic outerwear choice. Try this pick from Leslie Tessler (Pluma Cape in Emerald, $295).