Best and Worst Dressed of the Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Best Dressed: Eddie Redmayne

It’s rare that a man makes the Best/Worst Dressed list, simply because it’s hard to mess up a tuxedo; however, special attention needs to be paid to Eddie Redmayne.  This tux is clean and well-fitted. Men take note!

[pagebreak]

Worst Dressed: Giuliana Rancic

Nothing is working for Giuliana in this dress.  While her haircut is adorable and the color is amazing, it is styled so poorly.  Black is a great color on her, but all that fabric and layering in the front overwhelms her. 

[pagebreak]

Best Dressed: Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence, my personal Hollywood favorite, sticks to her personal award season trend of the tight bodice and full bottom skirt, and she looks amazing.   She goes against the grain and pulls her hair back.  To top it off, she has the perfect accessory: the down the back necklace! 

[pagebreak]

Worst Dressed: Kelly Rowland

Someone forgot to tell Kelly Rowland that the power leg is on the way out.   Other than that, there is not much to say about this dress except “better luck next year, Kelly.”

[pagebreak]

Best Dressed: Quvenzhane Wallis

Not only is Quvenzhane a nine year old nominated for Best Actress for her performance in Beasts of the Southern Wild, but she rocked the red carpet.  She looks so age appropriate.  She perfectly accessorized her look with an adorable stuffed animal handbag. 

[pagebreak]

Worst Dressed: Jennifer Aniston

Classic Jennifer Aniston did not work for her on this year’s red carpet.  While this color looks great on her, she has worn it so many times she has lost the WOW factor.  Perhaps a better choice would have been a more fitted look.

[pagebreak]

Worst Dressed: Anne Hathaway

This award season, Anne Hathaway was really underwhelming, and the Oscars were no exception.  It’s time for Anne to lose the pixie haircut and go back to the classic Hollywood beauty she once was. 

All photos courtesy of Perez Hilton (perezhilton.com)

Catherine Murphy is a junior at Georgetown University.  She is majoring in Marketing in Georgetown's McDonough School of Business.  She is also planning on completing minors in English and Sociology.  
Julia Matin

Georgetown

Julia Matin is a senior at Georgetown University, studying English and Government. She is Vice President of Human Resources at the Georgetown University Alumni and Student Federal Credit Union, the largest student-run financial institution in the country. Her interests include writing, lacrosse, field hockey, and skiing. Julia is thrilled to be co-founding the Georgetown branch of Her Campus with Catherine Murphy!