This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

So it’s 10pm on a Saturday night. You and your roommate are blaring music, blow dryer in one hand and hairbrush in the other, probably using one (or both) as a microphone. Both bursting with excitement over the frat party or the bar or whatever your night will entail, you both scramble around the room for the perfect outfit and the perfect products. OK – so maybe you haven’t nailed the perfect, pouty Kylie Jenner lip or Taylor Swift cat eye, (or maybe you have, in which case, props to you) but with these 7 beauty hacks you’re sure to quickly and easily achieve the look you’re going for. 

1. Skip the shampoo in your shower to avoid over-washing your hair. Experts say that we should wash our hair every other day or even every two days in order to prevent breakage and stripping of natural oils. But, come on, let’s be honest. You spent your day trekking up hills to classes and scrambling to make it from one to the next in the meager ten minutes that you allotted yourself during registration (still regretting that). Odds are, you want to hop in the shower at the end of the day before you head to your night out. Maybe you want to wash your hair so you can blow it out for the night or do it in curls. When you’re in the shower, wet the hair thoroughly and massage the scalp with water as if you were shampooing. The natural oils in your hair act as a natural conditioner and will provide amazing shine. Finish off with some conditioner on the ends and you’re good to go – without any damage! 

2. Apply mascara from under the lashes and above to make sure you coat the lashes on both sides. Start by swiping up as you would normally, and then down from the top of the lashes. Make sure to swipe up again once more so that the lashes dry in an upward position.

3. Make lips plumper by applying a lighter shade of lipstick in the center of your lips over your normal shade. By applying color just in the center that is one to two shades lighter, you draw light to the center of your mouth, making your lips appear fuller – we’re coming for you, Kylie!

4. Make your perfume last all night by rubbing a small amount on Vaseline on your skin before you spray. The Vaseline will help the perfume stick to your skin, which is a must when you’re spending half the night at a sweaty, crowded party or dancing the night away at a club.

5. Avoid dents in your nail polish by rubbing a small amount of olive oil on them a few minutes after they are freshly painted. This trick is especially useful if you’re running out the door in a hurry either to class or to a party! Beware, however, that the oil may get on your clothes, papers, etc. However, the oil will stop things from sticking to your wet nails – like hair, food, and your other nails.

6. Replace bottom eyeliner with eye shadow to avoid too harsh of a look. Yes, we all went through that middle school stage where we ran past our mothers out the door with a face full of blue eye shadow and black bottom eyeliner. If this wasn’t you, congratulations. You surpassed the horrible middle school makeup stage. Regardless, if you feel that bottom eyeliner looks too heavy, replace it with eye shadow. Use an angled liner brush or a small shadow brush to sweep the shadow under your eyes just along your lash line. You can use the same colors you used in your eye shadow, or do a pop of color (like teal, purple, or green) paired with black liner on top.

7. Use coconut oil for everything. Seriously, everything. Just some of its many uses include: post shave moisturizer, hair moisture treatment, eye makeup remover, lightening dark spots, body scrub (when mixed with sugar), eczema treatment, acne treatment, tanning oil, heel moisturizer, lip balm, and, lo and behold, you can even eat it. 

Nikki is a freshman at Georgetown University, thriving on coffee, brunch, and the occasional (or not so occasional) online shopping binge.
Victoria is a senior at Georgetown University studying Psychology. She is a self proclaimed Pinterest enthusiast and health nut, who also enjoys running, yoga, baking, and anything outdoors.