5 Reasons Why Netflix is Amazing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Netflix is practically the new normal for watching shows. For the amount of shows and movies offered, Netflix is a bargain.

1. Multiple Users & Multiple Accounts

Welcome to the world of streaming. Most college students still have access to their parents’ Netflix accounts, but rather than having to share viewing libraries (awkward!), you can have your own.

2. Shows Upon Shows (Without Commercials)

Netflix makes it fun and simple to binge-watch shows. There are no commercials, episodes of programs automatically start after a few seconds, and users can pause, fast forward, rewind, and more. When the hit series House of Cards and Orange is the New Black were distributed, Netflix released them as an entire season rather than an episode a week.

3. Original TV Shows to Binge-Watch

These shows were created exclusively by Netflix for Netflix: Hemlock Grove (a thriller), House of Cards (political drama), Orange is the New Black (dramedy), Marco Polo (period drama), Bloodline (drama), Marvel’s Daredevil (crime drama, action, and superhero), Veggie Tales in the House (animation), The Adventures of Puss in Boots (animation), Arrested Development (comedy), The Killing (crime drama), Star Wars: The Clone Wars(animation), and Sense8 (science fiction).

4. Your Shows on Your Time

College is a universe of its own. Regular television schedules have no place in the life of a student. If you have a Netflix account, you can watch whatever shows you want, wherever you want, at the gym in the afternoon or in your room really late at night.

5. iPhone, iPad, or Computer?

I like using my phone to watch Netflix at the gym. Walking on the treadmill can become tedious, otherwise. Other times, I watch shows on my computer such as when I’m folding laundry. You can watch the same show on any device you want, making things really convenient.

Now, you can spend the perfect night in with your favorite TV shows after a long day of classes. Have fun!

Source Photo From: http://weheartit.com/entry/204032550/search?context_type=search&context_user=QualityInspiration&page=14&query=netflix

Victoria is a senior at Georgetown University studying Psychology. She is a self proclaimed Pinterest enthusiast and health nut, who also enjoys running, yoga, baking, and anything outdoors.