5 Must-Eat Restaurants to Try Before You Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

While there are an obvious number of fantastic dining options here in Georgetown, the greater DC area is booming with delicious, trendy, and enjoyable restaurants. I know it is hard to escape the Georgetown Bubble—especially during midterms, but if you are ever looking to take the night off and explore this city through food, here are some places you should knock off your list.

1. Rasika

Rasika is a modern Indian restaurant that takes the Spanish approach to tapas style dining. The dining experience here is interactive. At Rasika you can choose a variety of appetizers and small plates to share with the table. While some of the dishes are bold and have a bite to them, if you are the kind of person who likes to try new things then this restaurant is perfect for you. Rasika is pretty expensive to dine there regularly, especially on a college budget, but if you are in the mood for a one-night splurge on good food then Rasika should be on the top of your list.

www.rasikarestaurant.com

2. Ben’s Chili Bowl

Ben’s Chili Bowl is a historic DC restaurant. This restaurant was opened in 1958 when DC was still segregated on U Street, which at the time was considered to be the “Black Broadway.” While U Street has changed a lot since then, it still maintains that young, vibrant vibe that has made it a popular street for upcoming restaurants. But Ben’s Chili Bowl remains top on the list. At Ben’s their most popular dishes are chilidogs, half-smokes, burgers, and milkshakes. Fun Fact: Bill Cosby also frequents this restaurant when he is in town.

www.benschilibowl.com

3. Lincoln

While this restaurant is Lincoln-themed, like tiling the whole floor with 1 million pennies and an “Abraham Lincoln” chair, it is the farthest thing from cheesy. Like Rasika, Lincoln also serves small plates in addition to switching out their menu seasonally. The Chef has Greek, Italian, French, and Spanish roots, which makes for an eclectic menu. But the menu also includes some of Abraham Lincoln’s favorite dishes like oysters, gingerbread, and chicken fricassee. You are guaranteed that all of the food is fresh, local, and most importantly delicious!

www.lincolnrestaurant-dc.com

4. Old Ebbitt Grill

This classic DC restaurant is located right across from The White House, making it a perfect place to check out if you are ever exploring downtown DC. Old Ebbitt Grill is owned by Clyde’s, which also owns the Clyde’s restaurant in Georgetown as well as The Tombs, so you can expect a similar menu. Because of its location, however, Old Ebbitt Grill is probably the fancier of the three. This is the kind of restaurant that people want to check off their list when they come to DC so we should want to do the same!

www.ebbitt.com

5. Founding Farmers

It does not take Georgetown students long to find this restaurant. Found Farmers is a classic American restaurant that was founded by genuine and hardworking farmers. The mission of this restaurant is to honor the American Farmer through serving only locally grown and organic food and providing a “meal away from home” atmosphere. This is the kind of restaurant where everyone can find something he or she likes to eat so it is perfect for large groups.

www.wearefoundingfarmers.com

As a native to New York City, I pride myself in my cosmopolitan upbringing. At a very young age I was exposed to the best of art, fashion, health, and food. Some of my favorite things to do in the city are to shop in Soho and the Greenwich Village, try new restaurants in Tribeca, and splurge on some of my favorite workout classes like SoulCycle and Pilates. However a perfect day for me would be to hang out with my family at our summer house in upstate New York, making dinners and watching football. At Georgetown, I am majoring in English and minoring in Business, with an interest in pursuing a possible marketing or public relations career. In my ideal world, I would graduate from Georgetown and work for SoulCycle, a boutique indoor cycling studio that combines both mind and body into a full-body workout (it is also a dance party on a bike), for the first half of my career, and then start my own boutique interior design and home good magazine with my sisters. In this sense, I love writing for Her Campus because it allows me to share my interest in health, fitness, and art with a community of like-minded women.
Lacey Henry

Georgetown