15 Things To Do in Georgetown/DC This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

1. Get paddling down the Potomac in a kayak to enjoy the more natural side of Georgetown before it gets too chilly! Check out The Key Bridge Boathouse for rentals.2. Taste something fresh! The Farmers’ Market is on campus every Wednesday from 2-5 through the end of October.3. Hike in Great Falls National Park to take in spectacular views and experience the vibrant fall colors from cliffs overlooking the Potomac. This 800-acre park with 20 foot waterfalls is a perfect escape from the bustling urban vibe that dominates Georgetown.4. Get your friends together and enjoy a night of bocci and bowling at Pinstripes just off M Street. Eat, drink, and play!5. Nothing screams fall like apple picking. Although the orchards are a bit of a drive, the trip is a perfect weekend study break! Check out Larriland Farm, Rock Hill Orchard, or Stribling Orchard. 6. Be active! As it starts to cool down, the temperature is prime for running. Get going down the C&O Canal Towpath for a peaceful route on your own, or join one of the free running clubs: City Sports, Nike, Georgetown Running Company, if you prefer to be in a pack.7. Take a stroll through the gorgeous Dumbarton Oaks Gardens. Just blocks from campus, these breathtaking grounds are ranked sixth in the world by National Geographic! Who knew, right?8. Craving something sweet? Go order a Pumpkin Spice cupcake from Georgetown Cupcakes. It literally tastes like fall.9. Save the Date: The Concert of Valor is coming to the National Mall on Veteran’s Day! 10. Check out Mount Vernon Fall Harvest Festival to celebrate the season!11. Relax on the Georgetown Waterfront for happy hour or a meal while it’s still nice out.12. Embrace the arts, and buy tickets to see a show at The Kennedy Center. If you’re looking for a good laugh, go see the hilarious whodunit set in a hairstyling salon: Shear Madness, and you won’t be disappointed. 13. Hop on a Big Wheel Bike, and explore the neighborhood!

14. Take in the stunning fall foliage in Rock Creek Park. Breathe in the fresh air and escape in this natural gem. 15. Walk to Arlington National Cemetery. Yes, it might be a bit of a hike, but it’s worth it.