15 Food Places that Are the Reason for My Survival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

We all know that Leo’s can get somewhat tiresome. Especially if you’re eating there at least once a day. Here are some local restaurants/college foods that are pretty much the reason I’m still alive.

1.     Wisey’s or Wisemiller’s: Located right across from Walsh, my friend and I always used to hit this place up after our class. We recommend the California Chicken Sandwich, which is served on a croissant. How much classier can it get?

2.     Sweetgreen: Any Georgetown student can tell you that this is the best salad place in the game. Hands down. And if you haven’t tried the Harvest Bowl, well, you should.

3.     Healthy Wisey’s: My floor mates and I are guilty of ordering from here too often and having it delivered. I always get the tuna melt on multigrain. Oh, and if you get a strawberry-banana smoothie, add peanut butter to it. Just trust me on this one.

4.     Così: Right in Leavey, this place has the most miraculous tomato soup of all time. And the most delicious bread. And you know what’s life changing? Dipping the bread in the tomato soup. Repeat.

5.     Salad Creations: If you don’t at least try the Wild Alaska Salmon salad once, you’re missing out.

6.     If your parents are in town, ask them to take you to Fiola Mare. It’s right on the Waterfront, and the seafood is so great even Ariel would approve.

7.     Einstein’s Bagels: There’s the actual sit-down place on Prospect in Car Barn, but I always go to the one in Regents. I’m a huge fan of the vanilla hazelnut coffee. Oh, and the best part: THEY TAKE MEAL SWIPES.

8.     Chipotle: Whether you’re a burrito fan or a bowl fan, you can always satisfy your Mexican food craving here. If you don’t get a burrito or a bowl, well, then, I don’t wanna taco bout it.

9.     Baked and Wired: These cupcakes are so big that they’re called “cakecups.” And they’re so delicious that they’re called “my obsessions.” The Oreo one is vegan, if you’re into that, but I’m a personal fan of the Red Velvet and the Elvis.

10. Mai Thai: For sushi lovers, this is your paradise. They have every roll imaginable, and if you go on your birthday, you get a special discount. 10/10 would recommend.

11. Good Stuff Eatery: I don’t eat burgers, but apparently the burgers are legendary. And the milkshakes? They bring everybody to the yard.

12. Leo’s Brunch: Leo’s breakfast options on the weekend are prime, and the fact that the omelet station is opened longer makes it worthwhile enough to put it on the list. And nothing’s better than yogurt with granola. And oatmeal. Gotta go for the oatmeal.

13. Farmers Fishers Bakers: Another great option for brunch. All-you-can-eat buffet, which is pretty much a synonym for paradise.

14. Starbucks: If you need coffee and a scone, this place is convenient. It’s in the same hall as the Grab ‘n’ Go, but there are definitely more options here to satisfy your caffeine addiction.

15. Ramen Noodles: This isn’t just a meal for the overstressed, sleep-deprived Hoya. This is a symbol for a lifestyle. Besides, salt is good for you.

Harvard '18