This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The 32nd season of “The Amazing Race” premiered on October 14th, kicking off the newest season of the hit television show. The unscripted reality show features teams of two that travel around the world in an action-packed race for the chance to win $1,000,000. The teams compete in travel-themed challenges, such as Road Blocks and Detours. “The Amazing Race” gives the contestants an adventure of a lifetime and has worked its way into audiences’ hearts all over the globe. There are countless reasons you should be watching the newest season of “The Amazing Race” if you aren’t already. Here are just a few of them!

1. Traveling Without the Hassle

Right now, travel really is not an option for most of us, and many people are craving to go abroad once again. Well, “The Amazing Race” is certainly your next best option now! The contestants can travel to up to six continents in one given season, stopping in so many different countries along the way. This show will allow you to travel to anywhere you would want to without even having to leave your house.

2. One of the Few New Shows on TV Currently

Because of everything going on in the world, TV production has taken a major pause. Luckily for us, the 32nd season of “The Amazing Race” was filmed in November and December of 2018, so it is all safe and ready to go. The newest season was originally supposed to premiere back in May of this year, but CBS chose to push it back until the fall. Thank you, CBS! Fans have been counting down the days until its release, and now you can join in on their excitement.

3. Reality TV Show For the Whole Family

One of the best parts of “The Amazing Race” is that it is fun for people of all ages. It has something for everyone. Whether you’re here for the travel, the competition, the drama, the contestants or even just something to do on Wednesday nights, you’ll definitely find what you are looking for!

4. Unique Contestants

Speaking of contestants, this show has some pretty incredible people on it. “The Amazing Race” features people from all different walks of life. In the past, there have been former athletes, firefighters, people with disabilities, race car drivers, YouTubers and so many more on the show! If you are a fan of “Big Brother” or “Survivor,” then even some of the previous seasons feature a few very familiar faces. In fact, season 31’s cast was composed solely of former “Big Brother,” “Survivor” and “The Amazing Race” contestants. You are bound to find at least one team to root for this season.

5. Phil Keoghan

The host of “The Amazing Race,” Phil Keoghan, is a New Zealand native. He has been the host of “The Amazing Race” since its first season back in 2001. You don’t see too much of Phil during each leg of the Race, but he is always there to save the day. He isn’t one of those annoying hosts you find every now and then on reality TV shows. I daresay that he is one tier below Jeff Probst if I were to rank TV show hosts (which means a lot coming from me). 

Now that you are hopefully convinced to spend at least one hour a week watching “The Amazing Race,” you can catch the show every week on CBS at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesdays! In the meantime, if you want to catch up on previous seasons, you can find most of them on Hulu and Amazon Prime. Happy watching, collegiettes!

Nickie Johnson

George Mason University '22

Nickie Johnson is a senior at George Mason. She is majoring in history and hopes to one day become a school librarian. This is her third year writing for Her Campus, and she has loved every minute of it! She is involved in GMU's Honors College and the George Mason Chapter of Educators Rising Collegiate. In addition to writing, Nickie loves watching movies and reality television, performing showtunes in the mirror, and reading.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com