This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

I’ve had my Nintendo Switch for about a year now and it is one of my favorite gaming systems I’ve ever had. I love that you can play it on your TV with friends and family, take it throughout the house to play by yourself or even travel with it. I have all of the basic games like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart but I also have access to tons of indie games to download from the store. 

By this point you’ve definitely heard of the indie game sweeping the charts, Untitled Goose Game and obviously I had to check it out for myself. Did I pay 20 dollars for this ridiculous game? Yes. Do I regret it? Absolutely not.

Via Giphy

Released on the same day as the highly anticipated Link’s Awakening, the game still sold 100,000 copies in the first two weeks and topped the charts in the US, UK and Australia. 

If you aren’t familiar with this game, here is a quick explanation: you’re a goose and your only objective is to be obnoxious and terrorize innocent villagers. That’s basically it. And I absolutely love it. 

As someone who is not a pro gamer by any means (I’m a big Animal Crossing fan if that tells you anything), I adore this game. The controls are simple and easy to use. The levels are a good length. The directions are clear but some tasks take a little more thinking (I spent forever looking for the toothbrush in the first level). My favorite part: the game saves automatically!

Via Giphy

I truly believe that this is the perfect game for every type of gamer. I had both my mom, who can’t drive in a straight line on Mario Kart, and my sister, who can finish an entire Assassin’s Creed game in a matter of a few days, play the game and they both loved it. 

As ridiculous as this game is, I highly recommend it. It’s available for download on Mac, PC and Switch. So, what are you waiting for? Get gaming, collegiettes! 

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com