This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Sometimes your summer expectations fall a bit short. Check out the ultimate summer bucket list and make sure it’s one you’ll never forget!

1. Hike Great Falls

Take some Instagram-worthy shots at Great Falls Park. There are trails for every activity level and they have perfect picnic spots for a fun date.

2. Be a tourist

Living next to D.C. means you have access to an endless number of museums and attractions. Never explored the National Mall? Grab a ride on the Metro to the Smithsonian Station and you’ll end up in the center of it all. If you’re willing to splurge, the hottest museum right now is the Newseum. Tickets are $24.95, but they offer a 10% student discount if you buy them there!

3. Do a bar crawl

Celebrate the end of a semester with a bar crawl through Clarendon or several other D.C. hot spots. Visit NW DC for the Bright and Pint Bar Crawl on May 20th!

3. Go to a music festival

Firefly Music Festival is just around the corner June 15th through 18th in Dover, Deleware! The lineup includes artists like Chance the Rapper, Muse, Twenty One Pilots and Kesha so grab a group of friends and camp out in your car for the ultimate music experience.

4. Watch a baseball game

The Washington Nationals have been blessed with a great record this season and there’s so much to do at the stadium! Check out the garden that they use for most of the food in the park during the seventh inning stretch or score a picture with Screech the mascot.

5. Pick up a new hobby

Looking for a little adventure? Try trapeze lessons at the DC location for the Trapeze School New York. It’s the perfect ice breaker for the first day back in classes!

6. See an outdoor movie

Visit the Family Drive-In Theater of Stephens City for nostalgic vibes featuring brand new movies. If you don’t want to sit in your car, bring a folding chair to the National Harbor for movies on the waterfront. They have date night specials, Disney classics and double-features to keep you entertained all evening.

Make the most of it collegiettes! August will be here before you know it!

Courtney Boone

George Mason University '18

Courtney is a senior at George Mason University studying forensic psychology and criminology. She serves as Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus George Mason and is also a Her Campus National Chapter Advisor. She graduates in December of 2018 and will be starting her Master's in Criminal Justice this spring at Mason. The motto she lives by: "Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it." 
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com