Nancy Nyamaa, Incoming Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus George Mason

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Name: Nancy Nyamaa

Current Position: Writer

Position for 2017-2018: Editor-in-Chief

Author Page: www.hercampus.com/author/nancy-nyamaa

Twitter Handle: @nancynyam

Instagram Handle: @nancynyam

Pinterest Handle: @nancynyam

LinkedIn: Nansal Nyamaa

What year did you join Her Campus?

Nancy Nyamaa: Fall 2016

Why did you join Her Campus?

NN: I joined to explore my opportunities to grow as a writer and content creator. I also wanted to be more involved on campus, and Her Campus was the perfect fit! 

How has Her Campus made you an empowered college woman?

NN: It has definitely made me a more confident writer, student and person as a whole. I have been pushed out of my comfort zone, explored and researched things on my own and I feel like I’ve grown so much as a result. I am so grateful for the opportunities HC has presented me and hope to help recruit many more collegiettes! 

What are your career aspirations?

NN: I’m currently working on a degree in communication with a minor in conflict analysis & resolution. I hope to pursue a career at an NGO or publication as an editor or writer, focusing on foreign politics and conflict! 

What else are you involved in on campus?

NN: I hope to get more involved on campus with more organizations as I learn about myself and what I want to do. 

What do you like to do in your spare time?

NN: I love to cook and bake in my free time! I have been exploring veganism and vegetarianism for the past year, and really like learning more about those diets and how to be more conscious of what goes into my body. 

Anything else that you want people to know about you?

NN: I’m so honored and thrilled to serve as Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus George Mason next year! I really look forward to working with the team to expand our chapter and create some great content. 

Interested in joining our Editorial Team?

Apply now!

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com
Juliane Veloso

George Mason University

Juliane is a Her Campus alumna. She started her time in HC as a Writer for HC George Mason. Her passion for HC led her to work on the National level as a Campus Expansion Assistant, Campus Correspondent, Chapter Advisor, and Viral Content Writer. Juliane is now a Digital Strategist for a Fortune 500 company. Follow her on Instagram: @julianemariev