This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

As the winter season approaches, our lips are in need of some TLC. With the hydration of a lip balm and the buildable color payoff of lipstick, tinted lip balms are the best of both worlds and an item I wear religiously every day. If you knew me, you’d know that I cannot leave the house without some on my lips. My years-long love affair with tinted lip balms has resulted in me trying numerous products from both the drugstore and high-end brands. Here is a compilation of my favorites to help you this winter season.

Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Via Burt’s Bees

A drugstore winner! The addictive combination of shea butter and their famous botanical beeswax is what makes this product worth buying plain, but with the added tint in six different shades, this tinted lip balm is simply amazing. With a promised eight hours worth of moisturization, it provides hydration and the perfect sheer tint that results in juicy lips.

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick

Via Neutrogena 

This product is the perfect in-between of a lip balm and lipstick. If you’re like me and love the texture of lip balm but want the color pay-off of lipstick, this is the product for you. More vibrant than a typical sheer tinted lip balm, the twistable product has a rounded tip that makes it extremely easy to apply. Enriched with fruit extracts and shea butter, this color stick is hydrating while providing a bright pop of color for a pretty pout.

Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith’s Rosebud Salve

Via Rosebud Perfume Co. 

The best multitasker. This rose-scented tinted salve is your best friend during the winter and provides the perfect flush of a sheer pink tint. This salve has been around since 1895 for a reason, and it can also be used to heal cuts, soothe cuticles, moisturize elbows and even as a brow gel. It is hydrating and multi-purposeful, making it a winner on my list.

Coola Mineral Liplux Organic Tinted Lip Balm SPF 30

Via Coola

Organic, protective, and one of my all-time faves. This vegan tinted lip balm filled with coconut, shea butter and mongongo oil provides the perfect natural tint while keeping your lips moisturized. It has SPF 30 which is considerably high for a lip balm (yes, your lips need SPF too!) and is ultra creamy and long-lasting. I am currently on my third tube and I do not see myself stopping using this anytime soon.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15

Via Fresh

A lip balm that truly lives up to the hype. With the combined power of sugar and natural oils, this award-winning lip balm effortlessly provides intense moisturization with the added bonus of sun protection. The color range is substantial and the tint is extremely buildable, making this one of the best-tinted lip balms to combat dryness in a fun, bright way.

I hope you check out some of these amazing lip balms, collegiettes. Stay hydrated and protected this winter, all with a pop of color!

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com