Courtney Boone, Incoming Senior Editor of Her Campus George Mason

Name: Courtney Boone

Current Position: Writer

Position for 2017-2018: Senior Editor

Author Page: www.hercampus.com/author/courtney-boone

Twitter Handle: @CourtneyMLove14

Instagram Handle: @courtneymichellelove

What year did you join Her Campus?

Courtney Boone: Fall 2016

Why did you join Her Campus?

CB: I joined because I was new to GMU after transferring and looking for a way to get involved. I always had a passion for writing and Her Campus lets me continue that even though I'm not pursuing a journalism degree anymore.

How has Her Campus made you an empowered college woman?

CB: By joining Her Campus, I've had the opportunity to interview influential women on campus. I am constantly surrounded by strong, independent team members and they inspire me to be the same.

What are your career aspirations?

CB: I want to go to law school after getting my B.A. in Forensic Psychology. I hope to either be a libel lawyer or a sports contract lawyer. 

What else are you involved in on campus?

CB: I am a sister of Gamma Phi Beta and represent them on the Junior Panhellenic council. I have spent this past semester writing for their international leadership magazine. I am also a co-chair of membership for Phi Alpha Delta pre-law fraternity. I am the first on-campus ambassador for "How I Compare" which is a service to help pre-law students find schools during the application process. This summer I will be a Junior Faculty Advisor for the Washington Journalism and Media Conference.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

CB: I love listening to vinyl records and going to concerts. I'm always looking for good book recommendations!

Anything else that you want people to know about you?

CB: Apply for HC! It's been one of the best parts of my undergrad experience!

Interested in joining our Editorial Team?

Apply now!