7 Tips to Make Mornings Easier

Starting off your morning stress-free is the key to having a fun, positive and productive day. There’s nothing worse than waking up 10 minutes before you’re supposed to leave for class and scrambling to get your life together. So, if you want to wake up feeling ready to take on the day, follow these 7 tips!

1. Give yourself enough time

audrey hepburn cat GIF

Via Giphy

Give yourself a minimum of 30 minutes. Even if you’re just throwing on some sweats, you never know what could happen. If you end up with extra time, enjoy it. Grab a banana and relax before the craziness of the day begins.

2. Shower at night

matthew broderick shower GIF

Via Giphy

Morning vs. night showers is a big debate among college students. Sticking to a night shower will instantly save you 15 minutes in the morning. Plus, you don’t have to dry your hair! Instead, throw your hair into some French braids before you go to bed and you’ll wake up with ~mermaid waves~ for days.

3. Make your breakfast and lunch the night before

hungry parks and recreation GIF

Via Giphy

This tip is a lifesaver. Having your meals premade ensures that you’ll eat and be energized throughout the day. One of my favorite meals to make for breakfast is overnight oats. It’s quick to make, healthy and delicious. For lunch, keep it simple and reliable. Packing a sandwich, celery or carrots and an apple is a fool proof and affordable meal. Plus, you can eat it in class if you’re short on time.

4. Make your coffee the night before

Gilmore Girls Coffee GIF

Via Giphy

If you need your coffee fix every morning, try making it the night before. Instead of drinking it hot, stick it in the fridge and you’ll have your own DIY iced coffee when you wake up!

5. Have your outfit already picked out

hilary duff clothes GIF

Via Giphy

When picking out your outfit the night before, consider the following: What’s the weather tomorrow? What classes do I have? Do I have to walk forever to the engineering building? Do I have bio with my cute lab partner? Do I actually give a damn about what I look like?

6. Listen to a podcast or playlist

rejoice steve bannon GIF

Via Giphy

Listening to something when you wake up helps stimulate your mind and gets you energized. My personal favorite thing to do while getting ready is to catch up on my YouTube videos. However, podcasts are another great way to wake yourself up. Some great ones are My Favorite Murder, What We Said and Don’t Blame Me! You can also create a personalized playlist that’s the exact length of how long you have to get ready. So once it ends, you know it’s time to run out the door.

7. Put all the things you need for class in one spot

arrested development gtfo GIF by Trek Light Gear

Via Giphy

Putting all of the things you might need by the door so you can grab them in the morning is a must. Place all your books in your bag the night before, along with snacks, a reusable water bottle, laptop and chargers. It’s also a good idea to lay out your shoes, keys and anything else you might need like an umbrella or jacket. (Don’t forget to grab your breakfast, lunch, and coffee from the fridge.)

Good luck on the new semester and new morning routines, Collegiettes!