This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Winter is here, which means it’s time to bundle up. Here are a few affordable and fashionable pieces to keep you warm without looking like the kid from A Christmas Story.

Via Giphy

1. Blanket scarf

American Eagle has a huge selection of blanket scarves that are perfect for snowy days. I personally bought this style can can confirm it is ~amazing~. And they’re on sale right now for only 15 dollars!

Via American Eagle

2. Earmuffs with built in speakers

These adorable faux fur earmuffs from Forever 21 will allow you to keep warm while still listening to music and avoiding human interaction. Plus, they’re on sale for less than eight dollars! #bless

Via Forever 21

3. A hooded coat

If you want a nice coat you’ll have to put in a little more money, but it’s definitely worth the investment! This coat from Target is $60, it comes in a variety of colors and has a size range from XS to XXL!

Via Target

4. Mock neck sweater

I’m personally a huge fan of the mock neck trend! This sweater comes in two colors- cream and rust- which are both perfect for any holiday party.

Via Forever 21

5. A wrap for a little extra warmth

Just imagine how cute you would look wearing this wrap with you best LBD in front of a Christmas tree!

Via Charming Charlie

6. Fuzzy (but fashionable) boots

There is literally nothing worse than being in the cold for hours and losing all feeling in your feet. These lace-up boots from Target have a lug sole and wool lining to keep you warm all day!

Via Target

7. Gloves (that you can text in, of course!)

Not only will these gloves keep your hands warm, but you can also check up on social media and answer texts with the handy phone-friendly finger tips! Who says you have to sacrifice scrolling through your insta feed for warmth?

Via Walmart

Stay warm (and stylish) out there, collegiettes!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com