This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Now that finals are over, don’t get lost in the winter break mentality of just laying around and doing nothing for a month. Over the course of December and January, you can check out these amazing DC museums that are not only fun but informative. Pick a date and head over on the metro to make sure you don’t miss out on these exhibits:

1. Rodarte – National Museum of Women in the Arts

If you’re a fashion lover, this one’s for you. Rodarte is a luxury fashion house, and it’s on display in the NMWA. This exhibit features costume pieces from the movie Black Swan and many runway items. It’s on display until February 10, 2019, so check it out before it’s gone.

2. Titanic: The Untold Story – National Geographic Museum

Everyone loves the 1997 classic movie, Titanic. This exhibit features the true story of the team who unearthed the remains of the actual Titanic ship in 1985 and the surprising ties to the Cold War. This exhibit is on display in the National Geographic Museum until January 1, 2019.

3. Watching Oprah – National Museum of African American History and Culture

The Watching Oprah exhibit highlights Oprah Winfrey’s cultural impact from being a talk-show host and actress to a producer and successful entrepreneur. You’ll be able to discover how she’s changed issues such as race, gender and media. This is on display until June 30, 2019, in the NMAAHC.

4. Superheros – National Museum of American History

If you’re a superhero fanatic, this is your place. This exhibit displays classic costumes from movies, TV shows and comic books. They even have the Batmobile from the Tim Burton movie. It’s on display until September 2, 2019, in the National Museum of American History.

5. Nordic Impressions – The Phillips Collection

Featuring art from the last 200 years in Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Sweden, this exhibit will transport you to another world. If you have ever been interested in nordic art, this is your chance. Nordic Impressions is on display at the Phillips Collection until January 13, 2019.

With all of these amazing museum exhibits to choose from, you’re certain to have a great time. Happy winter break, collegiettes!

Sarah Larios

George Mason University '21

Sarah is a Senior at George Mason University where she is majoring in Global Affairs with a concentration in Media, Communication, & Culture. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at George Mason, previously serving as the Senior Editor and Marketing & Publicity Director. When she’s not editing articles, she can be found working as a Communications Intern, hiking in Shenandoah National Park, playing with makeup, or spending time with her husband.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com