This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The season most of us have been waiting for is now here! Pull out the pumpkin spice candles and cardigans because it is officially fall. Fall is the season where we can dress comfortably without constantly breaking into a sweat. Plus, who doesn’t love autumn colors? Fall feels like the warmest hug you could ever receive. If cozy were a season, it would be fall.

Related: Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall: 5 Fall Fashion Must-Haves

A fall essential when it comes to fashion is without a doubt sweats. If you were like the rest of the world during the pandemic pulling those out should be no problem for you. With the weather getting cooler you could always dress up or dress down your sweats. You also don’t have to break the bank to dress cute and cozy. A pair of Hanes grey sweatpants (which you can get from Walmart) would go great with a basic warm color hoodie and some of your most comfortable sneakers. To really elevate this look, I suggest wearing a light color trench coat to bring out the warm color hoodie. When in doubt, all black will do the trick.

Fall has to be the queen of accessories! It’s time to pull out your favorite scarves, beanies and funky ankle socks. I’ve noticed there is a current trend of fringed fur coming back in style. I suggest possibly getting a fringed fur bucket hat as a new statement piece to give your outfit just enough kick to stand out. If you’re more subtle when it comes to statement pieces, your go-to dad hat will do the trick. There are so many possibilities for fashion during the fall. A simplistic look always speaks volumes giving the cool aesthetic of a minimalist or you could have a ball and play around with various different prints, the choice is yours.

Related: 5 Covid-Friendly Fall Festivities

What’s better than fall fashion? The festivities. Fall is the perfect time for you to wear your coziest fit to a pumpkin patch, hayride or apple picking venue with your friends and family. These are some of the best bonding moments you can have with the people you care about. I also suggest going to fright fest or possibly a corn maze. This will not only make you scream but give you a good laugh by the end of the night. The last fall festivity I suggest is carving pumpkins with your friends and family.

It’s nothing like some of your favorite foods and good music playing while you and your choice of company try to carve some pumpkins. I will admit it can get messy but that’s the fun of it all. Pumpkin guts can always be used as an addition to your pumpkin masterpiece or perfect for a pumpkin pie. The option to have a good time in fall seems endless, not to mention the nostalgia that comes around every year with Freeform’s 31 Nights of Halloween. Hope you enjoy this spooky season and good luck with midterms collegiettes!

Jalyn Green

George Mason University '22

Jalyn Green is a senior at George Mason University currently studying Communication with a minor in Film. She is a Philly native who enjoys spending time with friends, family, and dogs. She is also very passionate about music and fashion and hopes to become a creative director in the future.