The Skin’s Best Friend: Vitamin E

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Your skin is not just an organ, it is your shell.  It is the first thing people see when they meet you and something you want to be proud of—which is why one must take care of it.  After a lot of struggle and fuss over acne scars and dark marks, I managed to discover the power of Vitamin E and it’s benefits to a flawless and glowing complexion, something make-up can’t beat.

According to healthy-skincare.com, there are multiple reasons why you should consider implementing this nutrient into your daily routine.

It’s an antioxidant…

The powers of Vitamin E keep the skin rejuvenated and protected from free radicals and agents that can damage the skins surface and underneath.

It can reverse scar damage…

With me included, many young girls suffer from acne scarring and dark marks due to furious popping and picking of zits.  Vitamin E is the best solution to this problem because it softens and fades the appearance of facial blemishes.

It’s good for sun protection…

By using a moisturizer or sunblock that contains Vitamin E, the skin is guarded by UV rays typically caught by bed tanning and sunlight exposure. 

It strengthens the skins overall barrier…

Think of it as a layer of fat keeping you warm from the cold winter months.  Vitamin E can act as a sealant to the skin, keeping moisture in and dryness out.  By using pure Vitamin E facial oil or body lotion or a product containing the nutrient, you can layer your skin with a coating that will leave your skin soft, supple and beautiful. 

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com