Mason Homecoming 2013: The Evolution of Greatness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The Evolution of Greatness!

Fellow Patriots! It’s that time of the year again to catch the Mason spirit! Homecoming 2013 will be this week from February 11th- February 16th! This year Homecoming is decades themed and the tag line is ” The Evolution of Greatness.” University Life offices, such as the Office of Student Involvement (OSI), and the student run programming entity on campus Patriots Activities Council (PAC) will be throwing an array of events to help spread the mason spirit during Homecoming! The week will start off with a miniature pep-rally called the “Tipoff event” in the Johnson Center atrium and will end with a millennium lounge on Saturday in the Hub Ballroom. At these events there will be a plethora of opportunities for Mason students to not only get ready and spirited for the Homecoming game but for Mason students to win free giveaways!  

To see all of the Homecoming events go to http://homecoming.gmu.edu .

You can also stay up to date with the Homecoming events through the two phone applications that the Office of Student Involvement are using to keep students up to date with events on campus. You can download either the “Mason Homecoming 2013 Yapp” or the “Oohlala application”. Both applications allow students to access a calendar of the events that will happen during Homecoming week on their phones. However the Oohlala application can be used throughout the school year to see what is happening on campus. The office of student involvement will also be using the Oohlala application to simulate an on campus virtual treasure hunt were students can win prizes such as an iPad Mini!

We at Her Campus encourage you all to enjoy the Homecoming festivities and opportunities to win free stuff!

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com