This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.
Meet Gabbie Rimmaudo: The energetic and involved senior from Clark, New Jersey, pursuing a career in Global Affairs and Tourism and is minoring in Events Management at George Mason University.  After college, Gabbie’s plan involves strengthening her ideals in higher education.  Gabbie is very motivated and extremely outgoing, both easily seen in the events she is involved in on campus. This summer and fall, she played an huge role for George Mason’s Panhellenic Recruitment, as well as being an important asset to Zeta Tau Alpha. I sat down with this well-known senior, to talk about the new and exciting events on campus as well as what her Panhellenic position entails.

HCGMU: Why did you decide to be Director of Membership Recruitment?

Gabbie: I wanted to strive for more advanced social media type marketing, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Facebook pages. I believe connecting with potential women through these types of media is key. I learned a lot at the AFLV this year, Association of Fraternal Leadership conference in St Louis, MO. My main goal was to devote a more personal approach to recruitment and to grow on an individual level.

HCGMU: What events did you organize and promote on campus as Director of Membership Recruitment?

Gabbie: “Pop into Panhellenic,” was one event near and dear to me. On Sep 6th, in the JC we handed out ice pops with a Panhellenic logo printed on the pops. There is one marketing technique! I hope you liked the “POP IN” slogan for this event because I sure did! This event was one last chance to get as many people to sign up for recruitment as possible! I also organized a Sorority Spa Event for girls to get manicures and pedicures, and feathers in their hair, if they’d like. While meeting sorority members, girls got pampered…who doesn’t like to get pampered? I also helped organize the Dodgeball Post Party. I helped out with the Spring Sorority showcase where Mason students who are already interested could see what it would be like to join for the fall. The Peek into Greek event, which took place August 28th, was a super success! On September 1st, the NPHC STEP EXPO was held for the first time in the JC North Plaza. This event helps women support the other Greek councils. This year we revamped Bid Day. After the girls got their bids, everyone was in the JC north plaza, where the chapters waited them. We tried to change it up to compare it to southern schools, where the girls run to their houses and we wanted to see positive visibility.

HCGMU: What did you hope to achieve from being the Director of Membership Recruitment?

Gabbie: My main goal was to see a definite increase in numbers of people involved in Greek life on campus. I wanted to spread a more visible and positive image. As for my personal goals, it was a great experience because of my career goals after college in higher education.  

HCGMU: What clubs/organizations are you involved in?

Gabbie: I am very involved in Zeta Tau Alpha in having had multiple leadership roles. I went to NLC (National Leadership Convention) for recruitment ideas and networked with different leaders across country in Zeta Tau Alpha. I am President of Italian Club, President of Order of Omega, and I also work at Academic Advising.  I was also the Greek Program Assistant in Student Involvement.

HCGMU: Do you have any advice for incoming freshman?

Gabbie: I would say to just be open to new experiences and don’t let them overwhelm you. Don’t let opportunties scare you away, because in the long run can be of an advantage. I absolutely love being a Patriot…”GMU WHAT!”

Sabel is a senior at George Mason University majoring in History and Economics. Although she'd rather stay a student forever, she is excited to see what the future brings her in the fashion industry. Besides her endeavors at HerCampus, Sabel is a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com writing the Style Advice of the Week column for Mason. Adding to her busy schedule are her duties in her sorority, volunteering for Operation Smile, contributing to the social media world, feeding her soda addiction, shopping at J.Crew and coloring everything around her pink. And yes, the last three are major priorities in her book.