This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The leaves are changing colors, you can finally wear sweaters and boots without sweating. And most importantly, bugs returned underground where they belong. All these things mean that it’s finally Fall. Not only is Fall great for those reasons, but there’s also Halloween and Thanksgiving. Who can honestly say they dislike candy and enormous amounts of food? But the best thing about fall is being able to go out and enjoy the weather before it gets too cold with your significant other. Here are some simple, yet cute, fall date ideas.

1. Pumpkin patch

Obviously the most popular place you could go to this Fall. But it makes for cute pictures and fun times. Visit a pumpkin patch with your cutie and I guarantee you’ll come out with pictures that’ll make all your Instagram followers jealous.

Via Giphy

2. Haunted trails/houses 

This gives you the perfect opportunity to snuggle up next to your loved one when you get scared. 

Via Giphy

3. Football games

Cheer on your favorite team, either from the bleachers or from the warmth and comfort of your home. If you like rival teams, place bets to see who would win. Eat lots of good food and enjoy the energy of the game!

Via Giphy

4. Pumpkin carving

While visiting the pumpkin patch, go ahead and pick out your favorite pumpkins. Go home and carve them and see who can make the best design!

Via Giphy

5. Go camping/hiking 

Fall is the perfect time to go camping or hiking because it’s not hot but it’s not too cold. Check out local parks in your area and make plans to spend a weekend in nature with your honey. 

Via Giphy

6. Visit a winery/brewery

If you’re 21 or older, try visiting a winery or brewery with your sweetheart. The views are spectacular, and you’d spend all day sampling wine or beer. 

Via Giphy

7. Watch scary movies 

Of course, you could always stay home, get some snacks, and have a scary movie marathon.

Via Giphy

Happy fall collegiettes!

Jackie Lorincz

George Mason University '19

Hi! I’m Jackie, a senior majoring in Environmental science. I’m also an active sister of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. Writing has always been a hobby of mine and I’m excited for you to read my work! In my free time I love to read and bake, and I’m a huge animal lover, especially dogs!