This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

We have all gone through the pains of, “If only Cava delivered” and “I want Chipotle, but I don’t have a car to get there”.

George Mason University graduates, Mo Belhaj and Moustafa Baiou may have just solved every hungry college student’s problems, all with an app.

Belhaj and Baiou have created an app called BringMe, to act almost as the Uber of delivery.

BringMe is not just for food the idea is that you’ll be able to have just about anything from any store delivered to you by someone willing to go and pick it up, and bring it straight to you.

Social Media Lead and GMU student, Abigail Rubemeyer spoke a little more about how it works, saying, “It’s all based through the app. You will go into the app and put in the order that you would like, add the BringFee or amount you’d like to tip the Bringer and hit submit. Then someone who is out at that store or that wants to make money will pick up and bring it to you.”

The Bringer then brings your “Wish” to your location and once you receive your Wish, you confirm it via the app. Once it’s confirmed, they will receive the money for the order and the tip. This is all based through the app, and there is no cash involved.

Luckily for us hungry George Mason students, the first place BringMe is launching is right here on campus and in Fairfax. Rubemeyer says, “We’re hoping to then expand to local businesses in NOVA and grow from there. “

BringMe will be on campus to sign people up for the app in the upcoming weeks. 

It’s a great way to not only have people bring you your Wish, but it is also a great way to make a quick buck. By working as a Bringer for the app, you accept the orders and bring it to them, an easy way to make some quick money in between classes or in your free time.

The app is perfect to work on campus too. If you’re hard at work in Fenwick but really want some Panera, through BringMe, a bringer can have the food brought to your study room without you having to leave. Or, if you’re stuck on campus without a car and are craving Cava or need a few groceries, you can get them delivered straight to your building.

The app will be released in February, but you can visit bringmedelivery.com to sign up to be notified of launch date as well as discount codes.

BringMe, “Your wish delivered.”

Savannah Behrmann

George Mason University

I am a sophomore at George Mason, studying Communications with a concentration in journalism. My main campus involvements include being a sister of Alpha Omicron Pi International sorority, Mason Ambassadors, and contributing to both Mason Cable News and The Fourth Estate as a reporter. I hold a current internship in the Admissions Office, working specifically for the Washington Scholars Program. After interning for the Washington Journalism and Media Conference this past summer, I realized that journalism was absolutely what I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing. I'm excited for my time at George Mason and to continue adventuring the DC area! You can catch me at Starbucks.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com