roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

It is nearing the end of September, fall is finally here, and cooler weather will be kicking in! For most girls, this is way more exciting than necessary. In the world of basic-ness, fall is the best season of them all. The leaves are turning, the weather is no longer deathly hot, and pumpkin spice lattes are back! Now, if you still aren’t sure you are prepared for the upcoming season, here is a list of what every basic girl needs in order to be ready for fall. 

1. Leggings

The first, and most obvious thing that every basic girl needs to take on the cooler temperatures are leggings. You either love them or hate them, but they will always be more comfortable than jeans and they’re super versatile. 

2. Boots

The perfect addition to your super comfy leggings is a perfect pair of boots. A staple, which goes with everything, is a pair of classic riding boots. They look good both dressed up or down. All you have to do is add a nice big sweater or shirt, a chunky knit scarf, and you are instantly set for the day.

3. Pumpkin Spice Latte

Now that you have some basic pieces in your wardrobe, it is time for the perfect addition to any girls outfit… a nice, warm pumpkin spice latte. They are only available in the fall, and what else welcomes fall better than feeling like you are drinking a pumpkin? It is basically fall in a cup!

4. Candles/Scents

Going along with the pumpkin theme, the next step is invading your home with as much fall inspired decor as possible. The easiest way to do so is by going to the store and buying every fall inspired Yankee candle possible. If you are in a dorm and can’t have candles, then you can always get the fancy room sprays or plug-ins! They smell just as good without creating a fire hazard.

5. Apple Picking

If you still aren’t really feeling the magic of fall, then maybe it is time you go on a basic girl adventure! Go onto Groupon, Living Social, or just Google and find an apple picking spot nearest to you. Not only will you have tons of fun picking apples, but when you are done you will have enough apples to last you an entire year. Once you have your apples, go a step further and make some apple pie. It smells good, tastes good, and those apples will go to good use.

Hopefully, once you have fulfilled everything on this list, you will feel ready to take on fall. You can walk around campus strutting your awesome fall style, knowing that even though you may look basic, your outfit is on point. Later you can go back to your dorm, which smells like a pumpkin wonderland, to snuggle up, watch Netflix, drink your pumpkin spice latte, and feast on some apple pie. It may be basic, but fall really is the best time of year. 

Alexandra Connole

George Mason University

Chi Omega Fraternity member and Chipotle lover. 
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com