This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Supporting small businesses is important but supporting small businesses owned by women is even more so. Here are a few of my favorite female owned businesses that everyone should be supporting.

1. Simply Gilded

Irene is the sole owner and designer of everything in her shop. She started with just a few washi tapes on Etsy in 2015 and now has turned her love of stickers and washi tape into a full time job! Not only can you buy these items individually, she also has a monthly subscription box full of lots of goodies with a unique theme each month. I highly recommend checking out her shop, especially if you love your planner as much as I do! 

Via @simplygildedbox on Instagram

2. XTRA by Stacey

If you love extra AF jewelry in trendy styles, this is the shop for you. Not only are her earrings beautiful and high quality, but Stacey is also such a sweet person! I found her on Instagram a while back and I’m so glad I did! She began her shop about a year and a half ago and has now turned her side hustle into a full time business! Along with this, she began a blog with tons of tips on how to style your earrings which is super helpful! 

Via @xtrabystacey on Instagram

3. Mila Co

Hair scarves are one of my favorite new trends and Mila Co. has a great selection of unique scarves at an affordable price. This business is actually owned by a husband and wife duo (how cute is that?!). All of their pieces are handmade and are even safe to throw in the washing machine! I love that they can be worn in so many different ways, check out their Instagram for more inspiration on how to style them! 

Via @shopmilaco on Instagram

4. PlannerKate

Yes, this is another planner related shop, but what else would you expect from me? I’m not a huge fan of weekly kits, but Kate does them so well that I convinced myself to buy a few. Whether you use an Erin Condren planner, a Happy Planner, an Emily Ley planner or hobonichi weeks, there is something for you. PK has been on Etsy since 2014 and has over 149000 reviews averaging 5 stars. Even if weekly kits aren’t your thing, there are tons of other stickers, both functional and decorative, to choose from! 

Via @planner_kate on Instagram

5. The Dainty Flower Shop

This shop opened just last month but is already thriving! It is owned by Jillisa, who I used to work with and is incredibly talented at making Herbarium frame art so she decided to turn it into her side hustle. These make beautiful gifts for a friend or great decorations for your home. 

Via Etsy

I hope that you love these businesses as much as I do and will continue supporting amazing businesses like these!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com