What a First Year Fashion Management Student Must Know!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Brown CA chapter.

First year college is filled with many memorable experiences. Whether that would be making new friends, doing boring group projects, or trying to ask your professor to hand-in your assignment after the due date. But with that being said, we – the second year students, have some tips for you first years. Especially the ones in the Fashion Management program. Let’s get started!

Be prepared 

Work is endless. Literally. Assignment after assignment and test after test. A diploma is like a marathon, you’re always trying to run past one obstacle just to get to another. Read the articles and textbooks your professors give you. Don’t be fooled by their tricks. 

Good luck with online courses!

George Brown College really cares about their students. That means online courses for a whole year- from September to April. Although online courses aren’t a bad thing, you may miss the interaction between your classmates. So, know blackboard collaborate and study it to the point where the software becomes your muscle memory. 

Get Coffee

Coffee wins. You need energy to go through those 8:00 a.m. classes. Nothing is more important. 

Make new friends

Yes, it is more difficult online. But always be sure to keep in touch with your classmates and group members. You never know who becomes successful and what happens in the future. 

Drive your professors crazy

Always email them with questions because they have a lot of free-time on their hands. Don’t be afraid to bombard them until you nail this school year. 

Piece out!

Candice Zhang

George Brown CA '21

Fashion Management student who loves coffee, writing, and friends.
Claire Hung

George Brown CA '21

An international student studying Fashion Management in Toronto.