Special Hot Chocolate Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Brown CA chapter.

Spooky season is finally here. We are in October 2nd, and that pretty much sums up the fact that this year is going by way too fast. Well, hopefully, all of this mess will end in two months. 

But regardless of all the chaos that is going on, with school and midterms, we should learn to relax a little. Today, I will be sharing one of my favourite recipes with you, which is a red velvet hot chocolate beverage. Don’t worry, it isn’t as lame as it sounds.  

Now, I know most of us are fans of pumpkin spice lattes, but it’s always good to try something new. 

I’m sure all of us have heard of the red velvet dessert, you know the cupcakes with the red food coloring and icing. However, we can always go a step further and convert that dessert into a hot chocolate. Also, keep in mind that drinking a latte or coffee everyday is perhaps not the best option for you health and wellness wise. Think of how much caffeine you may be intaking. 

Without further ado, let’s get started on the red velvet hot chocolate recipe and forget about the coffee.  

Here’s what you will need: 

• Whipped cream
  • Hot chocolate powder
  • Chocolate
  • Red food coloring 
  • Sprinkles 
  • Big or small marshmallows 

And here are the steps: 

1. Brew some hot water
  2. Add cocoa powder into the water with red food coloring.
  3. Mix the ingredients together. 
  4. Add some whipped cream 
  5. Top with marshmellows 
  6. Top with red sprinkles 
  7. Serve with a red velvet cupcake 

You are done! When the days get colder and Thanksgiving time comes, be sure to give make your family a hearty beverage.

Candice Zhang

George Brown CA '21

Fashion Management student who loves coffee, writing, and friends.