What the Stickers on Your Water Bottle Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

I love, love, LOVE seeing people decorate their emotional-support water bottles with stickers—it’s such a fun way to see a stranger’s personality without ever even saying a word to them. Or when you sit next to someone in class and use their stickers to see if they’d be a nice person to talk to or not (at least that’s literally how I began one of my friendships). For any reason, I love seeing what stickers people choose as their way of self-expression. Buuuuut it’s even more fun seeing how people embody the certain stereotypes that come along with owning popular stickers. So, here is a little, harmless roast to those with such stickers; I see you, I hear you, sometimes I am you and I hope you join me in laughing over these meaningless opinions I have of you:

An iced coffee sticker

Your coffee order tastes more like milk than coffee.

“Good Vibes”

People take advantage of your go-with-the-flow personality. It’s okay to say no to plans, no one is going to hate you.

A sunflower sticker

You’re mostly a LGBTQ+ ally because you have an unhealthy obsession with Harry Styles. If he wasn’t so heavily queer-baiting Gen Z, we’d be a lot less progressive-presenting than we are. 

A sticker showcasing your hometown

Why are you telling complete strangers where you live! It’s like when parents have those stickers on their back-windshield showing who’s in their family—it’s a kidnapper’s shopping list.

A sticker of a van with “home is on the road” on it

You’re in undergrad planning to pursue a masters degree, and then go right into starting your career and family. Love you girly, but stop looking at Craigslist for used vans. 

“Eat the rich” sticker (specifically if it’s pink and has an animal like a frog)

A NASA sticker

Name the five rovers that went to Mars. I’ll wait.

“Hydrate or Die-drate”

I respect the message, I do … but what was the last time you cleaned your water bottle? That’s not water in there anymore, that’s an ecosystem.

A Rick and Morty sticker

If you’re a girl, hmu. If you’re a guy, please stay away from me I can’t go through that again.

Anything from the Redbubble sticker’s homepage

You try to go to Disney once a year and have even considered applying for their student program.

If you felt like you identified with any of these I hope you feel just as amused as I do—they’re just stickers, nothing more and nothing less!

Mia graduated from SUNY Geneseo in the spring of 2022 after majoring in communication and minoring in cognitive science. When she was not chained to her schoolwork she enjoyed embroidering the mouse from Bear in the Big Blue House, playing the same three songs on the guitar, and prototyping inventions that didn't see the outside of her room.
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!