Top 10 Most Iconic “Keeping Up With the Kardashian” Moments To Honor The End of An Era

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

There goes the last great American dynasty. Now more than ever, Taylor Swift’s words seem applicable. 

After 13 years of airing on E!, the Kardashians have announced that their show will be coming to an end in 2021. While the Kardashians are problematic in plenty of ways, it cannot be denied that they have shaped and changed the conversation regarding American and global culture in profound ways (for the better or worse). Whether it’s in terms of Western beauty standards, dialogue and introducing topics to the cultural conversation, the Kardashians have arguably started conversations that might not have ever come to light without their impact. The Kardshians truly are one of America’s most famous and influential families. 

So, in honor of all the moments that have made Americans laugh until we cry, meme endlessly and more, here are my picks for top 10 most iconic moments in Keeping Up With the Kardashians history. 

Kim Taking Selfies While Taking Khloe to Jail

One of the truly most iconic moments of the show is during the season 3 premiere, “Free Khloe,” (2008), when Kim is taking selfies while driving Khloe to jail after she got a DUI. Kourtney, Khloe, Kris and Kim all get in an escalade to drop Khloe off at jail, where Kim is posing the entire way while taking selfies. Kris turns to Kim and chides her, “Kim, stop taking pictures of yourself, your sister is going to jail.”

Kim Losing Her $75,000 Earring in the Ocean 

Kim Kardashian is infamous for her ugly cry face, and one of her most famous ugly cry moments is when she lost her $75,000 earring in the oceans of Bora Bora. Kim’s ex-husband, Kris Humphries picked Kim up and playfully threw her in the ocean, causing her to lose her diamond earring through the process. Kim starts freaking out, causing Kourtney to iconically respond, “Kim, there’s people that are dying.”

“Don’t be F***ing Rude!”

The Kardashian sisters have all had their tiffs throughout the 13 years of the show. One of the most memorable fight moments between the sisters, however, is when Kim overhears Khloe and Kourtney talking about her, runs up to Khloe, starts hitting her with her purse, and screams, “Don’t be f***ing rude!” unknowingly heralding in a new era of memes and TikTok sounds to come. 

“Hey Auntie Kris, it’s Todd Kraines!”

For several seasons, it was a well-known secret in the Kardashian family (led by Scott Disick), in which Scott would prank call Kris pretending to be her friend’s son, Todd Kraines. Scott literally convinced Kris that someone was borderline stalking her. Scott even went as far as to call the restaurant Kris was eating dinner at pretending to be Todd. Truly, one of the most underrated, iconic, moments in my opinion.

Scott Literally Goes to London to Become a Lord 

“I don’t need to be walking around like some peasant, I need to be walking around like royalty.” Scott Disick never passed up an opportunity to be extremely extra, and that includes officially becoming royalty. On a Kardashian family vacation to the U.K., Scott went through an English knighting ceremony to officially become, “Lord Disick.”

“You’re doing amazing, sweetie”

We all know Kris Jenner is the ultimate momager. But Kris has always raised the bar for “best momager” to new levels. All the way back in 2007, Kim decided to do a photoshoot for Playboy, and Kris was more than supportive. She spent the photoshoot taking pictures of Kim and encouraging her: hence the now famous, “you’re doing amazing, sweetie.”

Kourtney Laughing About Kim’s Cry Face

We all have those friends with ugly cry faces, and in this episode of the Kardashians, Kourtney is all of us trying to keep it together while trying not to laugh at an ugly cry face. While Kim sobs and yells, “you’re sitting there laughing and it’s not funny!”, Kourtney laughs and ironically says, “I’m not laughing!” when she so clearly is. One of the most relatable and iconic Kourtney moments in Kardashian history.

Kendall: Experience Things

Let’s not forget about some of Kylie and Kendall’s most iconic moments! In a tongue twister, Kendall says to Kylie, “I think you should experience it. You always want to experience things but I don’t think you actually want to experience things because you would experience it if you wanted to experience things.” Truly the prose of our time. 

Kim’s Placenta is Served

I’ll never forget watching the episode in which pregnant Kim and Kourtney team up to feed their family placenta without them knowing. In the beginning of the episode (“The Kardashian Chainsaw Massacre)”, while Kim and Kourtney were more than open to the idea of eating placenta, the rest of the family openly recoiled in disgust. Kim and Kourtney decide to scheme together to serve the Kardashian family placenta, unbeknownst to any of them while they’re eating it. When Kim reveals to her family that she actually served them placenta, Kim and Kourtney laugh hysterically while everyone sits in shock at the table completely appalled. Unprecedented.

Kris Breaks Her Toe and Has an Allergic Reaction

Last but not least, one of the most relatable moments of the franchise was when Kris breaks her toe and has a massive allergic reaction, causing her lips to blow up while on vacation. Honestly, representative of 2020 if you ask me.

While the Kardashians have given us 13 years of incredible reality TV content, I definitely will miss seeing their iconic moments play out. Until a Kardashian-Jenner revival/reboot starring North, Mason, Penelope, True, Dream, Stormi and Saint!

Writer, Ted Talks curator, crisis-line volunteer. Probably writing, probably caffeinated.
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!