toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 Cutest Halloween Costumes for Cats and Dogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

While people around the country are scrambling to choose a Halloween costume, your most beloved companion also deserves the best. Though putting your cat or dog in a costume may not be the easiest thing, if your pet allows you to dress them up they need to look their best!  

Here are 10 versatile costumes that your dog or cat could wear!

1) Witch

Slapping a witch’s hat on your pet is one of the easiest costumes, but it’s also one of the cutest. The pointy hat between their ears will make anyone giggle. Below is an adorable costume for your pooch that you can buy here.

2) Lion

Seeing any pet dressed up as another animal is hysterical, especially seeing a dog dressed as its opposite and a cat dressed as a larger version of itself. This cute cat hat can be bought here, but it’s also great for dogs.

3) Clown  

Even if you’re deathly afraid of clowns, no one can be scared of a cuddly pet dressed as one. This fun costume can be bought here.  

4) Harry Potter  

As a major fan of the series, I had to include a Harry Potter costume in this list. This adorable sweater/wizarding robe can be found here. For this costume, a scarf in one of the four house colors would be perfect.

5) Devil

Every pet has a little bit of evil in them. Halloween is the perfect night for your pet to let that devilish spirit out. These ears can be for either a cat or a dog, and can be found here.

6) Dinosaur  

Everyone has a fascination with dinosaurs. Dressing your pet up as one can take you to the past. This one can be bought here, but there are many different dinosaurs your pet can represent.

7) Mouse  

This costume can be geared toward a normal mouse or even Mickey or Minnie Mouse. Either way, an animal wearing mouse ears is sure to make people stop and stare. You can buy this pair here.

8) Super Hero

This is a classic costume for humans and pets. Maybe you can match your pet this Halloween with this nice red cape and some tights for you!

9) Royalty

Every person who owns a pet knows that they are as spoiled as they can be. Let your dog or cats’ costume reflect their inner royal. This crown is cheap yet very regal.

10) Pirate

Bring some fantasy into your pets’ life and make them the best pirate on block! Your dog or cat would make a perfect pirate since they love to steal your food and clothes anyway. This costume is adorable, and it only hangs down the front of your pet.

I hope these costumes give you some inspiration for your special pet! If not, at least you got to look at some adorable animals in costumes!

Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.