Life > Experiences

SUNY Geneseo Club Expo: An Analysis of Our Poll Results

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

This Tuesday, Aug. 29, SUNY Geneseo held our annual Club Expo! It’s a great way to get to know the many clubs on campus, as well as get a feel for those with similar interests. It’s always crowded with people, especially since ours is held outside our College Union.

This year, Her Campus decided to run a poll with the students who came by our table. It’s nothing more than a simple poll with basic (but fun, in my opinion) questions, and is not representative of any population as a whole on campus or otherwise as we only received seven total responses, but we thought it would be fun to discuss the results of our poll in an article!

Starting with the first question—what year the responders are in—we had four freshmen, two sophomores and one senior fill out the form. It’s great to see a lot of freshman interested in our clubs, especially Her Campus!

The second question was what everyone’s majors were. Each responder had a different response, ranging from political science to education to undecided. Her Campus (and writing, in general), has a lot of applications to various majors, so hopefully we can get a lot of different perspectives on our articles that way.

Our final question was multiple choice with a write-in option (though nobody wrote in a response). The question was what everyone was looking forward to this semester, with the responses being either seeing friends/making new friends, taking cool classes, the clubs and activities, playing/watching sports and hanging around Main Street. Seeing friends and making new ones was our top response with three responses, while clubs and activities had two, classes and Main Street had one each and sports had none.

Had there been more responses, I would’ve taken a quick look at any correlation between responses and class year or major, but seven isn’t really enough to even see a correlation, unfortunately. But that’s not to say the Club Expo was a failure! We had a lot of new interest in Her Campus, and we’re looking forward to a good year ahead!

Nina Fichera is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She oversees meetings and writes about a variety of topics, such as music (especially K-Pop and Taylor Swift), her experiences as a hopeless romantic, what it's like for her as a writer, and other entertainment-based articles. Outside of Her Campus, Nina is currently a senior with a double major in English (with a Creative Writing concentration) and Adolescent Education (with an English concentration) as well as a minor in Human Development. She was the head fiction editor for the SUNY magazine Gandy Dancer in Spring 2023. In her free time, Nina adores writing to her heart's content, usually in the realm of fiction and fanfiction. She also loves cross-stitch, spending time with her friends, learning K-Pop dances, and reading.