Sparksnotes Personality Quizzes Are Seriously Underrated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Move aside, Buzzfeed. There’s a new kid on the block, and it can also help you cheat on your 11th grade English homework.

Source

Apparently, Sparknotes has its own blog that sort of serves as a well-read (literally) Buzzfeed, complete with titles like “Everything I Know About Dating, I Learned From Romeo And Juliet” (I sincerely hope not), or “7 Books That Actually SHOULD Be Banned” (it suggests Carrie since it “gives teens unrealistic expectations for prom,” which … fair). Nestled safely within this net of clickbait are the quizzes. The person responsible for writing most of them, Courtney Gorter, is a cool gay woman with a wicked sense of a humor and an even wickeder Twitter that I would highly recommend checking out alongside the big wide world of Sparknotes that I previously had no idea existed.

Being that Sparknotes is still essentially an e-cheat sheet, these quizzes all have some vague relation to famous literature—but that doesn’t make them any less entertaining. For example, you can cover all of your time-traveling bases with “How Dateable Would You Be In The 15th Century?” and its sequel, “How Dateable Would You Be In The 16th Century?” Hint: the length of your neck is critical.

Source

How about “Are You An Introvert, An Extrovert, Or A Trickster God?” I propose that these three identities take the place of the male-female sex binary.

Source

Having left my dishes in the sink for three days, I turned to “Are You A Bad Roommate?” which took about the same amount of time to complete as it would have to pick up a scrub brush. 

(I’m just going to ignore that.)

Continuing the tradition of the Bard in a manner I’m sure he would have approved of if he could get past the Internet as a form of advanced witchcraft, there are a fair amount of Shakespeare themed quizzes as well. Do you want to learn “Which Shakespeare Archetype [You Are]”? How about “How [You Would] Die In A Shakespeare Play”?

Source

Good for a short giggle or some serious introspection, I’d suggest filling out a few of these for yourself.

Jessica Bansbach is a junior psychology major who has more campus club memberships than fingers and toes. In her spare time, if she's forgotten that she's a college student that has more pressing matters to attend to (like, say, studying), she enjoys video games, thrift shopping, and ruminating. She was elected "funniest in group" by her summer camp counselor when she was nine and has since spent the next eleven years trying to live up to the impossible weight of that title.
Kayla Glennon

Geneseo '21

Kayla is a junior English major who is optimistic but enjoys exploring lots of emotions, not just ignoring the "bad" ones. They love writing silly things but also being serious, because there are a lot of things that matter and need to be talked about, but giving yourself a break is important too. They love writing about literature but also coming up with ideas for stories of their own. Kayla is constantly just trying to be themself and trying to be around people that make them happy.