This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Many small businesses across the country have been forced to shut their doors due to the impact of COVID-19. It is vital that we help the small businesses trying to stay afloat through all of the uncertainty by shopping locally this holiday season. If you can, try to stray away from giant corporations like Amazon or Walmart when looking for gifts this year and shop local instead. Here’s a list of some of my favorite local small businesses that I will be buying from this year! 

Touch of Grayce

I personally love Touch of Grayce, so I had to include them first! Touch of Grayce offers gifts for everyone in your family! From fun socks, tapestries, crystals to hand-made jewelry, you’ll definitely be able to find something that someone you know would love! Bonus: If you aren’t currently in Geneseo but still want to purchase something from Touch of Grayce, most of their inventory is online and can be shipped to your doorstep!

Market on Main

Market on Main is another great store on Main Street full of gifts for all of your loved ones! Market on Main specializes in home decor, but also has plenty of great gifts for the upcoming holiday season!

The Geneseo Store

Looking to get your mom or dad something for Christmas? Look no further than the Geneseo Store on campus! Parents love repping their children’s colleges, and we love the cheap prices for good quality Geneseo merchandise! Most of, if not all their inventory is online and can be shipped to your address!

Alley Cat

Looking for a present for some of your favorite down to earth friends? Alley Cat has everything you could possibly need for gift-giving this holiday season! With tons of clothes to see and jewelry galore, you’re sure to find something for that special someone! 

Abby Rose Creations

I have quite a few pairs of earrings from Abby, and I absolutely love them! Abby makes high-quality earrings at extremely reasonable prices! I know I will definitely be purchasing more jewelry from Abby for gifts this year (okay, and maybe some for myself)!

Etsy

Don’t feel comfortable going out during the pandemic? Look no further than Etsy! Etsy is an e-commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items and craft supplies. The sellers on the website receive almost all of the profits they get from selling through the site, unlike other sites such as eBay.

Redbubble

Another great place to support small businesses/artists online this year is Redbubble. Redbubble is a global online marketplace for print-on-demand products based on user-submitted artwork. Redbubble lets artists have complete control over what they earn with flexible pricing, and uses high-quality t-shirts, mugs, tapestries, etc. You’ll be sure to find something for everybody on this site! 

Whether you’ve got lots of people to shop for this holiday season or are just looking to treat yourself, make sure to shop local and support small businesses! 

Julia is a senior Communication Major at Geneseo! She loves to write and is so elated that Her Campus lets her do just that. Julia will forever mourn the loss of her favorite band, One Direction.
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!