This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

What do you think? Do you have an age you would want to be?

Lauren McCormick 

I would probably be 18, I don’t know what the world has in store for me yet and I feel like once I’m done with college I’d enjoy being 18 forever. It would mean I wouldn’t shrink, I’d constantly be going through YA culture and wouldn’t get weird looks for browsing in the YA section of the bookstore. Sounds pretty perfect to me! 

Lily Connerton

Initially, my first thought was 19, because I feel content and satisfied with the headspace and position I have developed to at this point in my life. Then I remembered I’m too young to go to a bar and decided I’d rather be 21. I think 21 is a nice age because it’s young enough that it is still socially acceptable to be a free spirit, developing your identity and figuring out your purpose in the world. Approaching any age much higher than this is so intimidating to me right now, because the responsibility and finality of it seems so daunting. Forever 21!

Taylor Bramhall

After consideration, I believe that 21 would be the ideal age to be forever. You’re old enough to be considered an adult but still possess the youthful energy and spirit of a teenager. At 21, you still have your entire life ahead of you and don’t have to worry about too many mid-life pressures that would follow in the next decade. Life at 21 is about figuring out who you are, exploring, having fun, and learning about the world—it’s the ideal age!

Madison Centeno

I immediately knew my answer would be 22. It is like the perfect age to me. I would be over 21 so I wouldn’t have to worry about not being able to go out to bars and clubs. I also think it’s great because I would have graduated college already and would be able to go back and get more degrees if I wanted without weird looks, but I would also be able to run a business or have a great career without people thinking I am too young and too fresh out of college. At 22 I could try every career and job and really find out what I like and what I would like to do. 22 is the supreme age!

Lily is a sophomore at SUNY Geneseo studying neuroscience with intentions of progressing on to medical school. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, hiking, and trying new coffee shops.
Madison Centeno is a junior sociology and women's and gender studies major. When she isn't at protests or actively fighting for human rights, she is in her room studying or reading! She loves to write and share information about social injustices occurring worldwide. Follow her on Instagram @madisonrue190 to get to know her more!
SUNY Geneseo class of 25 Horseback rider Mock Trial member Avid Reader Bake off and Gilmore Girls addict