This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Nina Fichera

I honestly hadn’t gone to Starbucks that often before coming to Geneseo, since the only time I would was when I was at Barnes & Noble, in which case I got a different drink every time. Now that I’ve tried a lot of what Starbucks has to offer, though, my go-to is definitely the Iced White Chocolate Mocha and a plain bagel. The Iced White Chocolate Mocha should speak for itself—it’s one of the best coffee drinks I’ve ever had—but the bagel? Oh my gosh, I’ve had a lot of bagels in my life, and I don’t know where Starbucks gets their bagels, but they’re definitely the best bagels I’ve had in my life! It pairs really well with the Iced White Chocolate Mocha, too!

Mia Serritella

My favorite drink from Starbucks is a Black Iced Americano. That drink has done more for me in my college endeavors than some of my closest friends. I’m already a glutton for espresso, so a 16 ounce cup of it makes me very happy. It needs to be black though, not because I’m an elitist that thinks drinking black coffee is cool and superior, but because of the way it kicks you in the face: the pure coffee taste makes me feel caffeinated before the actual caffeine even hits me. Also, hot take: milk or other flavorings don’t always make a coffee taste better, and in fact can make it taste worse. Like I said, hot take!

Monica Weber

I have three go-to Starbucks drinks, but the one I choose depends on what time of year it is. On any normal day, I get a Venti Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher without the fruit. I love love love the flavor of this refresher, but the berries that they put in it always got stuck in my teeth and messed up the flavor for me, so I ask for the refresher plain. It ends up looking like water, so if you try this you might get some funny looks but it’s so worth it. If it is March, my go-to Starbucks drink is the Irish Cream Cold Brew. I cannot describe how tasty this drink is. I get so excited once March rolls around and I can have the cold brew mixed with the sweet Irish cream all topped off with cold foam. I wish they’d keep it on their menu year-round. Last but not least, around the holiday season I will get Peppermint Mochas, either iced or hot depending on my mood. It’s a great mix between mint hot chocolate and coffee, and it’s really the perfect Christmas drink. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, this is my go-to drink until the new year. 

Lily Connerton

I go through phases with Starbucks, so I feel like there’s at least three drinks that deserve a mention here. When I first started going to Starbucks, I didn’t really drink coffee but loved tea, so my go to order was always a Chai Tea Latte. When I began dabbling with coffee, my drink of choice quickly became a complicated custom order that I honestly felt bad ordering: Grande Double-Shot on Ice with almond milk, light ice, two pumps of sugar free vanilla, and one pump caramel (yeah, kind of a pain to explain to the barista, and probably just as annoying to make). Recently, though, I’ve gotten slightly addicted to the Nitro Cold Brew with Sweet Cream, consistently delicious and high enough in caffeine content to get me through being a woman in stem!

Madison Centeno

I have gone through so many favorite Starbucks drinks but my current favorite is one I’ve stuck with, especially while I’m in school. I get a Venti Iced White Mocha Latte with four shots of espresso (that’s one extra), two pumps caramel syrup, almond milk, no whipped cream and caramel drizzle. Usually my order is just a plain Iced White Mocha Latte with almond milk but I started to feel boring and recently added all the extra stuff and I am so glad I did because it tastes amazing. I am too scared to order that in person, though, so I only do my extra order when I order online.

Nina Fichera is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She oversees meetings and writes about a variety of topics, such as music (especially K-Pop and Taylor Swift), her experiences as a hopeless romantic, what it's like for her as a writer, and other entertainment-based articles. Outside of Her Campus, Nina is currently a senior with a double major in English (with a Creative Writing concentration) and Adolescent Education (with an English concentration) as well as a minor in Human Development. She was the head fiction editor for the SUNY magazine Gandy Dancer in Spring 2023. In her free time, Nina adores writing to her heart's content, usually in the realm of fiction and fanfiction. She also loves cross-stitch, spending time with her friends, learning K-Pop dances, and reading.
Mia graduated from SUNY Geneseo in the spring of 2022 after majoring in communication and minoring in cognitive science. When she was not chained to her schoolwork she enjoyed embroidering the mouse from Bear in the Big Blue House, playing the same three songs on the guitar, and prototyping inventions that didn't see the outside of her room.
Monica Weber

Geneseo '21

Monica is a senior communication major with minors in linguistics and the honors program at SUNY Geneseo. She is an admissions intern and has been a tour guide since her first year. In her free time, Monica enjoys reading, writing, going to see movies with her friends, and playing with her puppy and two cats.
Lily is a sophomore at SUNY Geneseo studying neuroscience with intentions of progressing on to medical school. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, hiking, and trying new coffee shops.
Madison Centeno is a junior sociology and women's and gender studies major. When she isn't at protests or actively fighting for human rights, she is in her room studying or reading! She loves to write and share information about social injustices occurring worldwide. Follow her on Instagram @madisonrue190 to get to know her more!