This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Disney fans often boast about the amazing princesses, princes and sidekicks, yet many never stop to think about the villains of each movie. Her Campus at Geneseo writers did just that.

Margaux Carmel

By far, my favorite villain from a Disney movie has to be Ursula from The Little Mermaid. As an alto, I always had an easier time singing her songs in comparison to most of the princesses, which made childhood and adult me very happy. I also love that she was modeled after the drag actress Divine—we gotta love LGBTQ+ representation!

Emily Tsoi

I agree with Margaux, my favorite villain from a Disney movie has to be Ursula! I just feel like she has the most purpose and is the most driven in comparison to other villains in other films. For example, the Evil Stepmother in Cinderella just hates her stepdaughter and Scar in The Lion King hides his motives throughout the film. Ursula is very open about what she’s doing. Also her song “Poor Unfortunate Souls” is one of the best songs in Disney movie history.

Monica Weber

My favorite Disney villain does not come from a Disney movie but instead one of the arguably best shows to ever air on Disney Channel. Shego, from Kim Possible, is my favorite Disney villain. She is intelligent, sarcastic, just as athletically impressive as Kim and has green glowing hands. What’s not to love there? Even though she is Dr. Drakken’s sidekick, she often questions his silly ideas and will not listen to him if she doesn’t agree with him. She is most successful when she branches out on her own, since Dr. Drakken is not nearly as intelligent as she is. And to top it all off, she has impeccable fashion. Who can forget the green jacket from Club Banana?

Who is your favorite villain?

Margaux (they/them) is a senior Women and Gender Studies major at SUNY Geneseo. Outside of Her Campus, they work at Geneseo's Office of Diversity and Equity, is on the executive board of Pride Alliance, and is an active Safe Zone trainer. They love to write about diversity, mental health, and environmentalism, with the occasional goofy topic or two (or five). Margaux hopes to someday be the coolest gender studies professor you will ever have.
Emily Tsoi

Geneseo '21

Emily Tsoi is a Senior English major with a minor in Art History. She is an avid journal writer who has one too many rolls of washi tape. When she isn’t studying or journaling, she enjoys reading, watching 80s movies and going to baseball games.
Monica Weber

Geneseo '21

Monica is a senior communication major with minors in linguistics and the honors program at SUNY Geneseo. She is an admissions intern and has been a tour guide since her first year. In her free time, Monica enjoys reading, writing, going to see movies with her friends, and playing with her puppy and two cats.
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!