This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Dreams are an interesting occurrence. While not everyone has dreams or even remembers them, sometimes, a dream can really shake you. These are the dreams that Her Campus at Geneseomembers can’t forget.

Sydney Julien 

I had a dream last year that I joined a hippie commune and we moved to Saturn (yes the planet) to live in tents and listen to jazz music together. I still don’t quite understand what it means. I had another dream a few months ago that my friend and I were riding through the Alps on a bus together when the bus flipped. We were pretty shocked when everyone on the bus was able to stand right up and brush themselves off. Suddenly, someone herded us all through a small path in the woods, and we were led down the stairs into the basement of a rustic mountain lodge and told to sit down. There was a projector screen where we were shown a brief powerpoint explaining that we had all just died and gave us some ground rules about the afterlife. I understand that this is vaguely the plot to Beetlejuice, but I guess my brain used up all its creativity when it produced that bizarre Saturn dream.  

Rebecca Williamson

I still remember a dream from kindergarten about me being forced into a marriage that I didn’t want to be in. I don’t know how that happened or why that happened, but it’s definitely amusing now. Aside from that, I usually can’t remember any of my dreams, but recently, I had a dream about Harry Styles. I was interviewing him for an article for The Lamron, which makes no sense because he would never come to Geneseo. I wish he would, though. Anyway, we could not find a private spot to have the interview because people kept bothering him, so we kept moving to different spots on campus. For some odd reason, one of my best friends from home was there too and she was excited to meet him. That’s all I woke up remembering. If only that dream were real … 

Kayla Glennon

I have a lot of stress dreams about being late to things, mostly involving a certain time that I’m supposed to be somewhere but then magically it’s past that time without me realizing it. I don’t get those as much now that I’m taking anxiety medication. Anyway, a better story to tell would be when I had a dream that I was in a house that I’ve never seen before. I think I was alone at first, then there were a few people that were my “friends” (people that I accepted as allies in the dream, but didn’t recognize as people from my life) in the room with me. We heard a noise coming from across the room in the bathroom and were scared that it was some sort of intruder. The dream devolved into being a chase. My group ran away from a group of about three girls until we ended up being cornered in the family room of my real life house. We were all tangled up on a couch and 

Jess Rivera

I have a lot of weird dreams when I’m just having a good few weeks. One of mine with an actual storyline rather than a scene was some scenery where the Geneseo had fallen into some sort of authoritarian state. It was definitely something that had the dry red, apocalyptic western filter when I look back, but it was a mess of everything I hated about high school with a high police presence and whatever master thesis of everything wrong with Geneseo meshed in. There was just a lot of walking, but it makes the dream confusing since I enjoy walking, and I didn’t know if it was a nightmare or not. I have my share of shady figures that venture in, too. I guess I don’t have a riveting story about my dreams, but I definitely sit for a bit and treat my dreams like little simulations and thought exercises to help me out in my everyday life.

Emily Tsoi

One of the oldest dreams I remember having must have been from when I was like 5 or 6 and I was being chased around my basement by these outdoor Christmas figurines we have at home and they were trying to murder me. Then, I also remember one where I had to marry my cousin’s boyfriend at the time because he threatened to kill our whole family because she broke up with him. I guess it was the only way to save us all? It was really weird. After we got married, I just went to the Mets game and left him there at the reception like nothing happened.

What have you been dreaming about?

Sydney is a member of the class of 2020 majoring in International Relations and Political Science with a minor in French. She is also Vice President of Geneseo's club figure skating team and coaches local kids in the sport on the weekends. While she's not really sure where life is going to take her yet, she's optimistic about the future.
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!
Jess Rivera

Geneseo '22

Jess is currently starting Eco Punk Now. Geography Major, Environmental Studies minor.
Kayla Glennon

Geneseo '21

Kayla is a junior English major who is optimistic but enjoys exploring lots of emotions, not just ignoring the "bad" ones. They love writing silly things but also being serious, because there are a lot of things that matter and need to be talked about, but giving yourself a break is important too. They love writing about literature but also coming up with ideas for stories of their own. Kayla is constantly just trying to be themself and trying to be around people that make them happy.
Emily Tsoi

Geneseo '21

Emily Tsoi is a Senior English major with a minor in Art History. She is an avid journal writer who has one too many rolls of washi tape. When she isn’t studying or journaling, she enjoys reading, watching 80s movies and going to baseball games.