Style

Really Cute Swimsuits To Get You Excited For Summer Even Though It Still Feels Like Spring Isn’t Here Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

It has been snowing on Geneseo’s campus in April, but what else is new? Who needs spring anyway? I’ve accepted that the first day of finals week in Geneseo will probably decide to be 400 degrees out of nowhere! Upstate New York just decides to skip spring, which is a real bummer, but at least you can start looking for the perfect bathing suit for when summer is finally here! This article has quite a few adorable swimsuits from different retailers, and under each picture is a link to where you can buy that suit!

(Source)

This suit is super cute, and great if you want a more modest look! Who says that modesty can’t be fun too? The funky leaf pattern is tropical, but the gray colors keeps this look fun and simple. Bonus points, it’s from Target, which means if you want it, you could go on a Target adventure!

(Source)

This next suit is from Land’s End which is a bit pricey, but it the quality is worth it! The pink is adorable and super bright. The best part is that it’s got an underwire, so if you hate when bathing suits don’t have any support, this is the suit for you!

(Source)

Are you willing to accept some interesting tan lines for a fun and flirty suit? Then this is the bathing suit for you! It’s a beautiful ocean blue color, and the cutouts are perfect someone looking for a swimsuit that will make them feel fierce!

(Source)

This bikini is so cute! Patterns are alway a great way to shake up the sea of all black bathing suits at the town pool. This one is flirtatious while still being something you can wear to your rich aunt’s summer barbeque party!

(Source)

This high waisted bikini is sure to make lots of jealous swimmers come up to you and ask where you got it! It manages to have lots of coverage while still showing plenty of skin to give you a nice tan (don’t forget sunscreen though: you want a tan, not a burn)

(Source)

This is another high waisted dream! This one has a super cute vintage vibe going for it with just a small strip of midriff showing with a beautiful floral pattern. This one is something that I’m pretty sure Taylor Swift would be caught wearing on vacation. You may or may not like Taylor, but you have to admit she’s got style!

(Source)

This next one is from Forever 21 which means that it’s decently priced! It’s also super cute (again, you have to be okay with that cut-out tan line)! If yellow isn’t your color, they also have it in a burgundy color called rust. Don’t worry, it doesn’t actually look like rust. That would be a pretty weird bathing suit.

(Source)

This swimsuit is great if you want to be a lifeguard or camp counselor this summer. It’s a classic one piece with sturdy straps, but it’s also adorable! Just because you have to wear a certain type of swimsuit doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun with it!

(Source)

This swim binder is great for anyone who is transmasculine and isn’t always comfortable swimming because of limited swimshirt options. Traditional binders aren’t really meant to get wet, so this is an alternative. If comes in a couple different nude shades, and even though it is made for swimming, it’s best to only take it on and off when it’s dry. Also you shouldn’t wear a binder for more than eight hours a day. Take care of yourself, and wear the swimwear that makes you happy!

Whether you’re a town pool regular, a beach babe, a lifeguard, or only going to go swimming this summer if your friend with a pool invites you over, it’s important to have a bathing suit that is not only functional, but also makes you feel good! Hopefully, one of these swimsuits is your dream suit, but if not, don’t fret! There are so many different types of bathing suits out there, and the perfect one for you is just waiting for you to find it!

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.

Hannah Fahy

Geneseo '20

Hannah Fahy is a junior English secondary education major at SUNY Geneseo. She is very involved on campus as the secretary of Circus Club and a general member of Musical Theater Club. She is also the social media coordinator of the Geneseo Her Campus chapter! She is an aspiring unicyclist who enjoys reading, donating blood, and knitting. She is always learning a new skill because she believes that you should never stop learning.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.