This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Although it technically isn’t winter yet, the weather and temperature outside makes it feel like it is. When it’s chilly, many people would love a hot cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate—my personal favorite. A steaming cup of hot chocolate is even perfect for studying or writing essays which I’ll be doing a lot of since it’s almost finals week.

If you love hot chocolate as much as me, you need the most chocolatey cup ever. Even though I live off-campus, a hot chocolate is what I buy the most. So, here are all the dining halls on campus and a ranking of their hot chocolates from zero to five, or the best there is.

Mary Jemison- Zero

Sadly, I don’t think MJ sells hot chocolate. I don’t know how good it would be either.

Starbucks- Four

Starbucks’ hot chocolate is pretty good, but only after I add two extra pumps of mocha (which makes it extra chocolatey). If you get a normal cup, it’s not that bad.

Fusion- Zero

Fusion doesn’t sell hot chocolate either. Sigh.

Letchworth- Three

The hot chocolate at Letch isn’t the worst, but there are better on campus. If it’s too snowy or cold to get to another place on campus, I would drink it.

Red Jacket- Zero

I rarely go to RJ since I live off-campus, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t sell hot chocolate.

Books & Bytes- Five

By far the BEST choice if you’re looking to get an amazing hot chocolate. Some of my friends thought there was way too much chocolate, but they must hate themselves because it’s really good. The chocolate they use is Ghirardelli brand, and it’s literal heaven in my mouth.

I didn’t realize how few dining halls there are at Geneseo, and the fact that only half of the dining halls have hot chocolate is frankly appalling.

At least you all know the best place to get the perfect cup of hot chocolate as we prepare for finals and the cold weather.

Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!
Kayla Glennon

Geneseo '21

Kayla is a junior English major who is optimistic but enjoys exploring lots of emotions, not just ignoring the "bad" ones. They love writing silly things but also being serious, because there are a lot of things that matter and need to be talked about, but giving yourself a break is important too. They love writing about literature but also coming up with ideas for stories of their own. Kayla is constantly just trying to be themself and trying to be around people that make them happy.