This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Welcome to November. The days are getting shorter, the nights longer, and the air colder. November is confusing. Somewhere between winter and fall, most of my November memories are of heavy gray skies and the falling of the last leaves as the landscape settles in for the long winter. To add some color and some life to your November, check out a few of this month’s feminist favorites. Snuggle up with a big, steaming cup of tea and a friend — and let’s dive into the eleventh month.

MUSIC

Princess Nokia → Tomboy [1992 Deluxe]

Princess Nokia just released her first full album 1992 Deluxe, which is a dazzling array of self-confidence anthems with an intersectional feminist message. Between the old-school rap beats and powerful lyrics, you’ll feel ready to take over the world exactly the way you are after taking a listen.

The Regrettes → Seashore [Feel Your Feelings Fool!]

Absolutely the girl power jam to listen to after a hard day dealing with the patriarchy. The music video for this song is also pretty hilarious if you have three minutes to spare.

Rihanna → Sex With Me [ANTi]

This is one of my all-time favorite songs. It’s unapologetically sexually aggressive, and in that way it’s a political statement. It’s a staple in any of my pump up playlists, whether I’m at the gym or getting ready.

Christine and the Queens → Half Ladies [Christine and the Queens]

Famous in her native France and openly pansexual, Heloise combines androgyny with a modern sound. She lists drag queens as one of her main inspirations — the Queens in her name refers to the drag queens who were her original back-up singers and dancers.

Kali Uchis → Know What I Want [por vida]

This bop will be stuck in your head for days but that’s not a bad thing. Kali Uchis writes and produces her own music, and will be the opening act for Lana Del Rey’s upcoming North American tour.

The Aquadolls → Don’t Mean Jack [Stoked On You]

Feminist surf music? Yes please! This song will make you want to go to the beach after smashing the patriarchy one surfer dude at a time.

Ani DiFranco → Out of Habit [Ani DiFranco]

Ani DiFranco is a feminist icon and one of the best lyricists of our time. This song is from her first album, and it’s the first time I ever heard a woman say the word ‘cunt’ in a song. [Fun fact: Ani DiFranco has released 20 studio albums.]

VIVIAN → Possession [Flowers EP]

A gorgeous piece on non-possessive love by Vivian Laurence, an independent artist based in Atlanta. Might make you cry but in a good way.

Lizzo → Truth Hurts [single]

The ULTIMATE girl power song – sassy and relatable. This is a great one to put on your getting ready playlist.

YOUTUBE

“I’m Taking My Body Back” — Rupi Kaur

Many of you have heard of [or even read] Rupi Kaur’s bestselling poetry book ‘milk and honey’ (110% would recommend). This TED talk is a gorgeous combination of spoken word poetry and what would be considered normal TED talk. It’s really touching and has a very healing message, especially for victims of sexual abuse.

“How to be a Bitch 101 with Princess Nokia”

One of my best friends sent me this video a few months ago and I haven’t been the same since. Seriously. Just watch it, you’ll understand.

BOOKS

7300 days — Reminiscent of milk and honey, this book of poetry was self-published by Isabella Mente on her 20th birthday (7300 days is how old a 20-year-old is in days). It’s only $14.39 on Amazon, so if you’re looking to treat yourself to something special I’d highly recommend making the investment. Also. . . I know it’s wrong to judge a book by its cover but isn’t this cover just so aesthetic?

INSTAGRAM

Ouvra — If you love feminist art, this is an account for you. Always empowering, always beautiful.

Cartia Mallan — Combining her killer personal style and a carefree approach to life, Cartia Mallan’s account will leave you feeling ready for some spontaneous adventures [while dressed to impress].

Isabella Mente — Author of 7300 Days, Isabella also runs one of my all-time favorite Instagram accounts. Her fashion sense, artistic eye, and body positivity will help you see the beauty and inspiration that can be found in everyday life.

THINGS TO DO AT GENESEO

Go to a VOX meeting — Shorthand for Voices for Planned Parenthood, this club meets every Tuesday in the Union Room 322/3 at 6 P.M. Come learn about reproductive rights and meet like-minded people!

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest

Carolyn is a student of History and French with a passion for social justice, learning, art, and music. She's a member of the Voices for Planned Parenthood, the Phi Alpha Theta honor society and the Phi Eta Sigma honor society. She plans on studying abroad in Dublin in the spring and backpacking around Europe all summer. Carolyn can almost always be found somewhere in Milne Library with a big cup of tea and a large stack of books.