Galentine’s Day Activities!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

For most single people out there, Valentine’s Day is one of the most dreaded days of the year. Luckily, this doesn’t have to be the case! There are so many ways to celebrate with your besties this Valentine’s Day, and I am here to give you some ideas to make it the best “Galentine’s Day” ever. 

1 – Have a self-care night!

A self-care night with friends is a great way to spend Galentine’s Day with your friends! Get some face masks, nail polish, and snacks and just spend the entire night doing things that make you feel your best!

2 – Bake some treats! 

There is no better way to spend a night with your friends than baking and eating all the fun treats you made!

A super easy snack for those of you who aren’t the best at baking is chocolate pretzel treats!

Set your oven to 175 degrees

While you wait for your oven to heat up, arrange snap pretzels on a baking sheet

Place a Hershey Kiss (preferably a Valentine’s Day themed one) on the center of your pretzel

Warm the pretzels for about two minutes, or until the Hershey Kiss has softened

After you take them out of the oven, squish an M&M candy into the Hershey Kiss

Let cool and enjoy!!

3 –  Karaoke! 

What better way to spend a single Valentine’s Day than belting out your favorite songs? I personally recommend singing some Taylor Swift. If you can manage to keep a crowd’s attention for 10 minutes, the most healing would definitely be “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault).”

4 – Support Women Owned Small Businesses!

A great way to spend Galentine’s Day is supporting other gals who own small businesses! You can find so many women owned small businesses online, and who doesn’t love retail therapy!?

I hope you all have a lovely Galentine’s Day with all of your besties!

Lauren Davies

Geneseo '24

Lauren is the social media director and event coordinater for HerCampus at Geneseo. She keeps all the HerCampus at Geneseo socials up to date, and plans fun events on the Geneseo campus! Outside of HerCampus, Lauren is an English Adolescent Education major at Geneseo! In Lauren's free time she loves to walk her dog, Stewart, podcasting, drinking coffee, and hanging out with her friends!