A Definitive Ranking of the Best 10 Flavors of Stewert’s Ice Cream

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

If you’ve spent some time in Vermont and Northern New York, you are likely familiar with Stewart’s Shops, a chain of gas stations and convenience stores that also sell their own products, including Ice Cream, founded in 1945. Far superior to any Perry’s or Hershey’s flavors, Stewert’s ice cream consists of a wide range of unique flavors, each of which is rich and packed full of various mix-ins. As warmer weather begins to approach, here is a ranking of what are (in my opinion) the best 10 flavors of Stewert’s Ice Cream.

Crumbs Along the Mohawk

I honestly cannot think of enough good things to say about this flavor. Reminiscent of summer bonfires, it is graham cracker flavored ice cream with chunks of graham cracker and a caramel swirl. The textures and flavors are perfect, making this an easy choice for the top flavor!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

As a devoted fan of the chocolate and peanut butter combo, I have tried most of various brands’ attempts at the classic chocolate peanut butter cup- chocolate ice cream with swirls of frozen peanut butter. This is by far the best execution, mostly because Stewert’s’ Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup has massive chunks of the peanut butter. 

Brownie Cookie Sundae

This flavor is vanilla ice cream with a fudge swirl coupled with brownie and cookie dough bites. When I initially tried Brownie Cookie Sundae, I admittedly was not a fan. Regardless, somewhere, somehow, this flavor has grown on me, convincing me it is more than a sugar overload! 

Peanut Butter Pandemonium

It almost feels wrong to be placing this peanut butter loaded flavor nearly halfway down the list! Peanut Butter Pandemonium consists of a vanilla base packed with fudge, peanut butter swirls and peanut butter cup pieces. If you are a peanut butter lover, I would highly recommend giving this flavor a try.

Bark in the Dark

While it is currently only available in a pint size, this list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning this flavor! White chocolate pretzel pieces and a caramel swirl are surrounded by decadent dark chocolate Stewert’s ice-cream, making for a wonderfully sweet treat.

Mint Cookie Crumble

Although I am aware of what a controversial combination mint and chocolate is, this is the holy grail of all mint chocolate flavored desserts. Far superior to its distant cousin Mint Chocolate Chip, this mint flavored ice cream jam-packed with thin-mint type cookie swirls is everything anyone could ask for.

Blueberry Pie in the Sky

If not already broadly apparent from the lack of fruit based flavors in this list, I am fairly selective when it comes to fruit inspired ice creams. Something about their flavor always comes off as overwhelmingly artificial, but this flavor is a worthwhile exception. Based on a blueberry pie, it is a light blueberry ice cream completed by a blueberry swirl and shortbread pieces. 

Cream and Coffee Fudge

This ice-cream flavor, consisting of coffee flavored ice-cream with swirls of fudge, inarguably deserves an honorable mention among the various coffee inspired ice creams available in New York. Neither bitter nor overwhelmingly sweet, the rich swirls of fudge perfectly complement the coffee flavor. 

Star Gazer

Although this ranks only ninth on my list, I considered placing it higher for my mom’s sake, who loves anything malt flavored. Star Gazer is malt flavored ice-cream with a caramel swirl and chunks of Milky Way candy bars, which it tastes similar to. 

Raspberry Fudge Torte (Frozen Yogurt)

While this was the only frozen yogurt to make it onto this list, refrain from skepticism about Stewert’s frozen yogurts! This flavor has been a staple in my family for years, as the vanilla yogurt, raspberry swirls and chunks of fudge come together to create a delicious, crowd pleasing flavor.

With summer right around the corner, what better way to spend an evening than with a bowl of ice-cream? If you’re in the market for a new flavor, maybe give some of these a try- I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I know I do!

Lily is a sophomore at SUNY Geneseo studying neuroscience with intentions of progressing on to medical school. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, hiking, and trying new coffee shops.