Book Beaus: The Item Every Book Lover Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

As you all probably know by now, I am an avid reader. I take care of my books as best as I can. Creases are okay—that just means the book has been loved well—but rips and stains are a huge problem. I lent a book to my brother once. Never again is that happening. I know many bookworms and other readers also feel protective of their books. This is why I needed to share one of my favorite items with you all: Book Beaus.

What is a book beau? It is a protective sleeve that protects your books from damage created by Benita Botello. I discovered the Book Beau at my first BookCon in 2017. I happened to come across their booth on the show floor and got one for free. They were still in the beginning stages; I don’t think they even had their website yet. When I returned to Book Con in 2018, the Book Beau was a sought after item! My first one from 2017 was the mini size in a cool orange pattern.

Book Beaus come in four different sizes and endless patterns. The website also rotates designs which means there is always something fresh to catch your eye. In addition to books, the website also sells handbags and reading beans which are also cute and practical.

Since that day at Book Con, I have bought three more Book Beaus so I had one in every size: indie, XL and jumbeau. My most recent is the jumbeau with a Harry Potter pattern splattered across the front that even has a zipper to close it! I purchased it from Amazon since Book Beaus are now being sold there too.

Book Beaus are not only protecting my books from damage, but they are an adorable accessory to carry around. If you’re an avid reader looking for an innovative and beautiful way to protect your books or someone who just wants to protect their purchases, go out and find a Book Beau that works for you!

Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!
Jessica Bansbach is a junior psychology major who has more campus club memberships than fingers and toes. In her spare time, if she's forgotten that she's a college student that has more pressing matters to attend to (like, say, studying), she enjoys video games, thrift shopping, and ruminating. She was elected "funniest in group" by her summer camp counselor when she was nine and has since spent the next eleven years trying to live up to the impossible weight of that title.