This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

Ready to hear about this year’s Back to School Survival Kits? Let’s jump right in!

BUXOM Cosmetics Big Tease™ Plumping Mascara

If there’s any makeup product that I use nearly everyday, it’s mascara. With a good mascara, I feel like I can take on the world! I’ve found many mascaras that do the trick when it comes to making my eyelashes look longer and thicker. However, I’m a really busy and active person, so my requirement for mascara is that it can’t give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day.

I normally don’t wear makeup in rehearsal, but to test this mascara I wore it throughout my dance practice. I was dancing all day long, and this mascara barely budged! It kept my eyes looking alluring all day long with no raccoon eyes! The best part is that it also came off easily at the end of the day. You shouldn’t be sleeping in makeup, but sometimes makeup can be so difficult to remove so you end up sleeping with it on anyway. Not this mascara! It only took one makeup wipe to remove all traces. I am officially a fan of this mascara!

Skintimate 2-in-1 Shave Cream & Skin Conditioner

I have been a long-time lover of Skintimate, so I was very excited to see it in our Survival Kits! If shaving your legs and underarms is your thing, then I cannot stress enough how well Skintimate works! Not only does it give you a smooth shave, but it also moisturizes! It takes care of shaving and moisturizing in one step! I’ve even used Skintimate as just a moisturizer when I’ve had dry skin and was in a pinch. This product also has a pleasant smell! It’s not too overwhelming, but it also doesn’t smell like a gross lotion.

Frank’s RedHot + zip pouch

While the inclusion of the zip pouch is a little strange (how often do you need to bring your hot sauce on the go? Maybe I’m just doing hot sauce wrong?), there’s no denying that Frank’s RedHot is a staple of hot sauce brands. It’s a good starting flavor for anyone trying to introduce themselves into the world of hot sauces—it’s definitely spicier than your average dip, but not to the point where you’ll regret your entire existence.

Katy Perry’s INDI Fragrance

I have to admit, this fragrance is just not for me. It’s a very fresh and clean scent, which is nice, for a laundry detergent. If you enjoy a light and airy scent for your perfume, this may be for you! I can’t speak on the durability of this perfume because we weren’t given samples of it to test, just the scent to smell. If you know this may be something you would like, I would say give it a shot!  

Chocolate Sea Salt GōL Bar and Maple Sea Salt GōL Bar

Who isn’t super busy? That’s a trick question, because we’re all busy! These are perfect for anyone with a busy lifestyle! They are delicious and super filling. I’ve been having them for breakfast, and they keep me full during all my classes! If you have any nut allergies, make sure you check the ingredients first, because they use a lot of different nuts and no one wants you to have a reaction!

Micellar Cleansing Water All-In-1 Waterproof

I don’t use a lot of makeup often, so I waited until I dressed up for a Halloween party to test this makeup remover! I am usually a makeup wipes kind of girl, but this worked really well! It didn’t irritate my skin, and it got the job done! It also doesn’t leave an oily feel on your skin like some makeup removers do. Lastly, it didn’t have any overwhelming scent!

Wallflowers Fragrance Plugs + Wallflowers Fragrance Refills

I loved this product! I put it in my suite bathroom, and it has been keeping it smelling great! I highly recommend the Champagne Toast fragrance! The light is also an added bonus. It’s great at night to have that bright—but not overwhelming—light to guide you through the darkness. It’s a super cute design too!

Personal Alarm with Key Ring

This alarm is loud! I was a little confused at first because it has two buttons on it that you can’t press. I think that those fake buttons are meant to make it look like this device could be a key fob (the small car alarm key ring) or flashlight, but they seem a bit unnecessary to me. It definitely works though, and it works loudly!

• Drink Test Kit

Unfortunately, date rape drugs are a reality that college students have to face. Because that’s a reality, a product like this is very important! You should never be lazy when it comes to your own safety. We haven’t had the chance to test this drink test kit yet, so we don’t know how well it works. Either way, a handy object like this should be an essential for every college student.

Missing your summer tan? Don’t go to a tanning salon! L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Hydrating Self-Tanning Milk gives you a natural looking tan while it hydrates your skin! Have tan, soft skin even during the colder months! Girls just wanna have sun!

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.

Hannah Fahy

Geneseo '20

Hannah Fahy is a junior English secondary education major at SUNY Geneseo. She is very involved on campus as the secretary of Circus Club and a general member of Musical Theater Club. She is also the social media coordinator of the Geneseo Her Campus chapter! She is an aspiring unicyclist who enjoys reading, donating blood, and knitting. She is always learning a new skill because she believes that you should never stop learning.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.