emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Unusual Pieces of Queer Apparel You NEED in (and out of) Your Closet: A Holiday Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

College is cool and all, but we all know that you only came here so you could wear the loudest, proudest LGBTQ+ shirts and hats without your clueless parents asking what that fun shirt with the scissors on it “means”.

“I just really like arts and crafts, mom.”

Let HerCampus@Geneseo help you make that closet of yours a little bit brighter! Sure, you could go with that classic black shirt with a rainbow flag on it, and I admire your subtlety. But this is college, baby gay! Burst out of your dorm room in the strangest, yet oddly fitting queer clothes your grubby little hands (and wallet) can get to.

1. “America Needs Lesbian Farmers” Trucker Cap ($21.00)

I’m not sure what niche lesbian farmers are filling, but you’re doing great, ladies.

2) “Axolotls Support Asexuality” Baseball Shirt ($23.99)

Hey, an ally is an ally.

3) “I’m Queer, Have a Nice Day” T-Shirt ($22.55)

Make people take a second look and remind them of how much you love Chinese food.

4) I don’t even know how to begin addressing this ($19.50)

There’s too much to unpack here.

5) “Best Bi” Hoodie ($44.63)

Considering how much bisexuals get dragged through the dirt, you deserve a little self-centered pat on the back.

6) “Holy Mama RuPaul” Tank Top ($27.86)

This is the only church you’ve been to in months, isn’t it. You’re killing your parents.

7) This Judge Judy t-shirt that popped up when I typed “trans” into Redbubble ($32.95)

I mean, yeah, sure.

8) “LESS TERFS MORE SURF” T-Shirt ($20.18)

That’s a sentiment I could get behind.

9) “Chicken Nuggets Turned Me Gay” V-Neck ($21.59)

Gotta give your relatives something to blame.

10) And finally, a “U.S. Polo” Sport Coat ($180)

If you’ve got $180 to burn, it’ll definitely make a statement about a few things – mostly about the size of your wallet, but a couple of other things as well.

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest

Jessica Bansbach is a junior psychology major who has more campus club memberships than fingers and toes. In her spare time, if she's forgotten that she's a college student that has more pressing matters to attend to (like, say, studying), she enjoys video games, thrift shopping, and ruminating. She was elected "funniest in group" by her summer camp counselor when she was nine and has since spent the next eleven years trying to live up to the impossible weight of that title.
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.