This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

If there’s one thing I love about the Holidays, it’s Bath & Body Works’ holiday candles. Nothing says “Happy Holidays!” quite like a delicious holiday candle. As a self proclaimed expert, here’s my ten favorite holiday scents!

Spiced Apple Toddy

This is my favorite scent of all time, hands down (hence why it’s seated at #1). We currently have three in my house, but I will definitely be stocking up before the holiday candles are pulled! This candle is the perfect medley of apple and cinnamon, but in an understated and clean way. I highly recommend purchasing.

Marshmallow Fireside

I put Marshmallow Fireside at #2 because, again, it’s one of my personal favorites. It’s on the sweeter side, but is not so overwhelming that if you let it burn for too long you would get a headache. I highly recommend burning this candle and making yourself a mug of hot chocolate!

Fresh Balsam

Fresh Balsam is perfect for those who want a holiday candle, but don’t want to be overpowered by a sweet, candy-like scent. This candle has more of an earthy scent with notes of woodland balsam, crisp eucalyptus, fir branches and cedarwood with essential oils. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Sweater Weather

Sweater Weather is another great candle for those who don’t like overpowering scents. With notes of fresh sage, juniper berry, aromatic eucalyptus and fresh woods, this candle is perfect for holiday candle lovers who don’t necessarily like sweeter scents.

Flannel

Flannel smells like your significant others’ sweatshirt (or flannel, hence the name) and is the perfect candle to light while you cozy up under a blanket and watch a Christmas movie. I personally will be buying one (or two) of these candles before they go out of season!

Tree Farm

I think Tree Farm is a new scent this year, and let me tell you, it earned its spot on this list. With notes of crisp pine needle, warm cedar and spiced apple with essential oils, it’s somewhat of a tamer Spiced Apple Toddy, and a must-have for the holiday season.

The Perfect Christmas

I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that The Perfect Christmas is also a new scent this year. The Perfect Christmas has notes of fresh cut pine, cinnamon sugar and toasted marshmallow with essential oils. Also, it’s currently in my cart on Bath & Body Works website.

Vanilla Snowflake

I love vanilla. Warm vanilla sugar has always been my go to B&BW scent, so it’s only fair that I include a vanilla-centered candle on this list. While this is more of a sweet candle, warm vanilla sugar fans will love the faint notes of frozen wanilla, iced fir needles, mint leaf, and coconut flakes with essential oils.

Frosted Cranberry

This is another DELICIOUS candle. Personally, I love cranberries and cranberry juice, so I am a bit biased, but this candle is amazing. Frosted Cranberry has notes of iced cranberries, blonde woods, red apple, and tonka bean with essential oils, making it the perfect year round candle.

Vanilla Balsam

To round off the listicle we have another vanilla scented candle! Compared to Vanilla Snowflake, Vanilla Balsam is more of a toned-down vanilla, with heavier notes of pine …  making it THE perfect holiday candle.

If you’re thinking about purchasing one of these great scents, do your research and find out when these candles go on sale! Sometimes the store will do a buy one get one free, but since we’re nearing the end of the Holiday season, there are sure to be even better deals than the occasional BOGO. Happy shopping! 

*This listicle isn’t sponsored in any way, I just really like Bath & Body Works candles! 

Julia is a senior Communication Major at Geneseo! She loves to write and is so elated that Her Campus lets her do just that. Julia will forever mourn the loss of her favorite band, One Direction.
Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!