What is Your Love Language?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

The 5 Love Languages quiz accurately displays which way you express your love towards someone. It is based off of the book by Gary Chapman. The beautiful part is that you do not need to be in a relationship to take the quiz. It is a way to see how you express your love towards you significant other, a friend, or a family member. Your results will be scored based on a points system that rank your love language highest to lowest. The five love languages are: words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch. Take the quiz here: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/

Words of Affirmation

If you scored this as your highest, you are great at comforting friends and family with your words. If a friend is hurting, you have been blessed with a gift to effortlessly say the right things to calm them down. For example, I have always scored highest in the Words of Affirmation category because I am a writer, so naturally I have a way with words.

Acts of Service

Actions speak louder than words, if you fall in this category you love to selflessly do things for people. Sometimes the smallest things in life mean the most to others, such as doing dishes when you know it’s not your turn. God has created us to love one another, and sometimes that means going out of your way to sacrifice a little time or money to make another person’s day. This can also mean getting involved in a community to serve others. Whether that be for a church or going out of your way to serve a homeless community, there is kindness and selflessness in your heart.

Receiving Gifts

As people, we naturally love to give and receive gifts from others. I absolutely love to make homemade gifts because that means that you are taking extra time to express your love for that person. I am currently making a scrapbook for my best friend for Christmas that is filled with memories of every time that we have spent time together (which is a lot) and pictures. I take pride in providing gifts but am not a fan of receiving them. 

Quality Time

If you scored quality time above the others, this means that you enjoy the presence of others. You would much rather stay up talking with a friend in person than texting. To you, you tend to lean on these people for support and advice. These are the people that you end up pulling all-nighters with and talk endlessly about life. These people are the ones who have usually done something to impact you and stick with you through the good and the bad. In rare cases, these friends will turn into family.  

Physical Touch

You tend to hang out with people who make you feel warm and bubbly inside. These people make you feel relaxed and content; to feel secure when you are pulled in for a hug. Sometimes there is no better feeling than being close with someone that you love.

Image: https://www.google.com/search?q=best+friend+picture+ideas&safe=active&sa…

Abbie Carnes is a Junior at Grand Canyon University. She is an elementary education major and believes that learning is the key to success. She has a strong passion for writing, drawing, reading, and music. Even with her strong tendency to wander, God always directs her paths towards his goodness.