This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Have you been in a constant season of “allergies” or fatigue?

Is it taking a toll on your studies or even work?

Although many people may know the obvious and easy ways to stay healthy, fall is a season that is so easy to catch a nasty bug!

There are a few super easy tricks or changes in habits that you can add to your daily lifestyle to stay healthy!

Drink LOTS of water. If you ever think you are drinking too much, drink more. 

Drinking water not only improves your immune system, physical health and appearance, but your mental health as well! It completely flushes you out and does its job at washing the bug away. It can also improve your skin and help with any sort of internal uncleanliness.  

Taking emergency supplements and vitamins isn’t always the most glamorous or tasty, but has such a big impact on your health! There are vitamins that help with the most unseen needs…sleep, metabolism, hair growth…you name it! Companies make it so easy, and you can add them to almost anything. It is smart to get in a routine for when you take them as well.

Getting lots of and even extra sleep is beyond beneficial! This may not be a luxury everyone has, however getting in a steady routine of even 7-8 hours is helpful to your body. As college students, we secretly crave routine being that life can be so spontaneous. 

Exercise is also so important! It builds both endurance and strength which are vital to maintaining physical and mental health. You don’t need to be a gym shark, you can actually do things you enjoy that make exercise fun. 

Staying healthy is not an easy task, especially in such a busy season. Taking care of your mental health is huge when it comes to establishing your physical well-being. 

The stress that ties into your brain and soul can be a direct reflection of your physical health. Making sure you are seeking counseling services and talking/thinking through your problems if need be is a great and healthy habit to get under control at a young age.

Eating green leafy items and collecting vitamins from the foods you eat can be extremely beneficial as well.

This may not apply to all college students, but staying away from both alcohol and tobacco will clear up your health immensely.

If you are prone to sharing food and drinks, make it a point to stop doing that. We don’t realize how easy it is to spread germs. 

Finally, not to sound like your mom, but disinfect!! Although the covid season may be “dying down” in some places, it is important to remember how many germs the small things we touch carry. 

Wipe down your phone, computer, car and even bedroom when you get a chance.

There is no perfect recipe for staying healthy this hectic season, but with a few small steps, you could be on a way better track.

Hi! My name is Savanna Kerr. I was born in Hawaii/grew up in Seattle. I attend GCU and I am studying professional writing and psychology. I was previously a journalist and eventually head editor for my school newspaper in high school called The Kolus. I am looking forward to being on this team!