The Way You Make Me Feel: A Love Letter To My Current Favorite Song

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Dear You,

I came across you on my Eric Bellinger Pandora station.

It was a very rare coincidence. I usually never have any luck on Pandora. As soon as I heard you, I gave you a thumbs up. I knew right away, like it was love at first listen. I fell hard and fast. Your melody put a smile on my face, your lyrics put me in a trance. 

You are gold. You are the perfect love song. You make me feel sexy and attractive, innocent and daring, bold and discreet, all at the same time.

You make me wanna dance. You make me wanna move my hips to your rhythm. You are my guilty pleasure. The way I listen to you is so intimate. I dance to you when no one is around and that becomes our special time together. I have the perfect part choreographed and ready. I do it every time I hear it.

I’m fighting myself internally about whether I want to show you off to the world or not.

One person may love you the way I do and ask for your name and identification. But another person would not appreciate you as nearly as much as they should. Either way, they’ll never know you like I know you.

I celebrate you for being who you are.

I put you on the highest pedestal in my music library. I make sure the other songs recognize how special you are when I give you a heart and they see you listed in my recents. It becomes a ritual. You are the first thing on my mind when I wake up and you get me excited to put my earbuds in.  I cannot get you out of my head.

I am so grateful to have found you.

Thank you for always being there for me. Late at night, when all I can do is overthink and overanalyze, you know just how to shut me up. Early in the morning, you know how to get my day started just right. It’s like the sweetest good morning and goodnight.

You make me feel empowered. You just get me.

When you sing to me, I feel the motivation in my veins. I feel like I am the exact person you are talking about, give or take a few lines. My life becomes video reputation of you. With you blasting in my ears I become the main character and the people around me become extras. I just know I would make the best candidate for your music video. People probably look at me and wonder why I’m smiling so hard; it’s just because I got you.

I know everything about you.

The more time I spend with you, the more you amaze me. I figure out my favorite parts, the parts I would skip, the background beats. Every time I listen to you, I learn something new. I didn’t know, that’s what you were trying to say at 00:31. I didn’t know, that beat is from a different song. I still don’t know what you are trying to say at 1:21. Sometimes your words are a bit harsh and I don’t agree with everything you say, but it’s the way you make me feel that keeps you around.

That’s the beauty of love.

You are gold. You always will be.

And although I may eventually fall in love with a new tune, I will never forget the way you made me feel. When my phone shuffles and I see your name pop onto my screen, I will become nostalgic all over again.

“Music is piece of art that goes in the ears straight to the heart.”

Sincerely, Me 

I'm a student here at GCU! I love dancing and playing volleyball in my spare time. I love getting to know people and what they are all about. I'm always smiling and love meeting new people. I crave intimacy, deep conversations, and spontaneous adventures!