This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Hearts are up in the air, on people’s sleeves, or deep in a pint of ice cream. It is just another day, but flowers, chocolates, and letters seem to either make or break people all around us. People either love Valentine’s Day or hate it with a burning passion. Whatever you feel towards the holiday you can’t help but feel love around. Love songs are a great way to feel the love. Here are a few songs that should be on your Valentine’s Day playlist:

1. “Get You” by Daniel Caesar is a slow R&B number about being with someone you do not feel you deserve. It’s about how the whole world slows down as you’re in awe of how someone so special could love you as much as they do. It’s endearing, and an ode to the people we never thought could love us.

2. “Tadow” by FKJ and Masego is a groovy improvised jam session which resulted in a sultry and jazzy piece. It’s just a song about immediate attraction, and how amazing seeing someone beautiful makes you instantaneously feel. It’s a song that captures that first moment you saw your person and could not take your eyes off of them.

3. “Upside Down” by GoldFord is a sweet song of appreciation of a lover and how they are the upside to all the downsides of life. The song mentions the sun and sunshine, and as the chorus continues to build sounds as if the sun is rising and shinning down as he sings. It makes you want to stand in the sun and open your arms to love and feel it shine on you.

4. “Love Again” by Ta-ku (ft. JMSN and Sango) is a poetic song about the risks of loving someone and if it’s worth it or not. It’s very emotional, and has a heavy influence of piano. It can’t help but get you in your feels thinking about someone you love or loved, and if that love is or was worth it.

5. “Afraid” by Xavier Omar puts all the vulnerabilities of loving someone else. It goes into how people are scared to get hurt, and trying to convince their feelings be above all thoughts. It’s about being honest with yourself, and the process in letting go of the fear.

6. “Devil In A New Dress” by Kanye West is how you feel when you’re high on passion and caught up in the lust. It is hot, sexy, and gets you wanting to look and feel good. The guitar playing through the song gives it grit, and a tense but playful vibe.

These are not your typical Ed Sheeran or Beyonce love songs, but hopefully they add a little love to this Valentine’s season! Enjoy feeling the love in music as an independent individual or with loved ones!

Images: 

http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2013/02/314401,xcitefun-valentines-day-wallpaper-7.jpg

I am a Freshman at Grand Canyon University. My major is currently Business in Marketing with a minor in Literature. I am from Southern California, and love adventuring for new food places! I immensely enjoy traveling, as I have been to Spain, Italy, Greece, and Turkey.