This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Being part of a friendship is such a beautiful thing. Sharing a bond with a special someone who brings you peace from just being in their presence is what many experience and even dream of! Friendships are so precious, kind of like a romantic relationship, but in many ways it is actually more satisfying.

Friends can give you advice on issues that might be difficult to speak about with a parent or significant other. They can even give you advice on improving a situation that relates to your parents or significant other that you would not feel comfortable talking with them about.

Friends can also be someone to confide in when you are having a rough time. Friends can be that outlet that you need to just vent your feelings too, and they do not even need to reply with a stellar response. Just being there and hearing you out is enough, because having that person that listens can make anyone feel heard and appreciated.

These days, with social media and the pressure of presenting a certain lifestyle online, it has been difficult for people to find real genuine friends. Especially if you are a teenager or a young adult. 

It is not easy to find a genuine friend, though, therefore one must be open minded. If you already have preconceived notions of what someone is going to be like, it is going to make it extremely difficult for you to be open with the idea of making new friends. You should be willing to talk to people and get to know them. Just smile at the person sitting next to you, or start a conversation by complimenting the boy who spoke in your Biology class on his shirt. Having the right mindset is definitely the first step to meeting a long lasting friend!

Putting yourself out there is another great tip to create a strong friendship. Attend events or organizations that interest you, as going to these thrilling places will allow you to meet other people who enjoy those things as well. If you are not interested in sports or athletics, do not go to a fitness event. People say opposites attract, but that is only for a short period of time. Making friends with people who have similar interests as you is the best way to go because you can then bond over like-minded interests. Join a club that you like and meet that person, or if you are lucky, they will meet you! Just remember to get out there and be yourself.

https://www.readunwritten.com/2015/04/08/20-things-make-90s-kids-feel-old/mountains/

With the technology we have today, friends can be made anywhere. These days, you can make friends while sitting on your bed and talk with a familiar face online through social media. There is no reason for you to sulk in self-pity from the lack of a social life. It is not the easiest thing to be daring and put yourself out there to meet your future maid of honor, but you have to try! Do not give up, your Selena and Taylor friendship could start tomorrow!

Hello beautiful people! I'm Adela and I am more than happy to be apart of HerCapusGCU. I love to write about pop culture and everyday stories that us girls tend to experience! I love music and I love to connect how it makes me feel and the artists' stories to my writing as well. Hopefully, you all love my writing as much as I love to right it!